A Mile A Day

The problem with streaking . . . (Read 257 times)

jb944

Chicago RnR 1/2 Marathon

is that I feel the need to keep running in spite of having a fever and chills.  I've been waiting until mid afternoon when I feel my best, but it just drives the fever higher for a few hours.  Yes, I am an idiot.

I may have to break my streak.

jeffdonahue

is that I feel the need to keep running in spite of having a fever and chills.  I've been waiting until mid afternoon when I feel my best, but it just drives the fever higher for a few hours.  Yes, I am an idiot.

I may have to break my streak.

Yeah, but then I use that to help me later.  In a few months when you are on a run and are starting to feel crappy, you can jsut think back and say "Hell, I felt worse than this when I ran with the fever and chills.  This is a piece of cake."

I still say that to myself sometimes about the time I ran when I had the flu last year.  I was only 3 months into the streak and could barely stand, but I found the time of day I felt best and got my mile in, then proceeded to just pass out on the couch for the rest of the day/night.

jb944

Chicago RnR 1/2 Marathon

Enabler.  LOL. 

Actually, after two days on the dreadmill I ventured back outside today.  Feeling better - didn't feel feverish, so just headed out.  It felt good.

jeffdonahue

Enabler.  LOL. 

Yeah, I got two friends of mine to run a half marathon this weekend - they told me I'd make a fortune if I was a crack dealer.

jb944

Chicago RnR 1/2 Marathon

At least my streak is still going - 98 days today!
            Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

You'd feel better if you had some pumpkin pie.
              jb944

Chicago RnR 1/2 Marathon

LOL.  No, but I would be guaranteed weight loss this week if I even tried to eat it.
                jb944

Chicago RnR 1/2 Marathon

<<Start of whine>>

Unless I have a miraculous healing tonight, I will break my streak tomorrow at 99 days.  I have been an idiot. 

Fever came back last night.  My teeth started hurting.  My sinuses blocked.  I took a shower at 1 a.m. and was up til 3.  then I tried to sleep sitting up to try and prevent the constant coughing.  I felt better by mid-day and had a nice lunch with a friend.  About 3 I went down to the dreadmill and did today's mile.  I have been going downhill since.  My voice is almost gone, it hurts to breathe, and my sinuses are draining.  And we have friends that are supposed to pick us up tomorrow at 5 to go out of town for the weekend. 

Sorry for the whine. 

<<End of whine>>

Ojo

<<Start of whine>>

Unless I have a miraculous healing tonight, I will break my streak tomorrow at 99 days.  I have been an idiot. 

Fever came back last night.  My teeth started hurting.  My sinuses blocked.  I took a shower at 1 a.m. and was up til 3.  then I tried to sleep sitting up to try and prevent the constant coughing.  I felt better by mid-day and had a nice lunch with a friend.  About 3 I went down to the dreadmill and did today's mile.  I have been going downhill since.  My voice is almost gone, it hurts to breathe, and my sinuses are draining.  And we have friends that are supposed to pick us up tomorrow at 5 to go out of town for the weekend. 

Sorry for the whine. 

<<End of whine>>

Sorry you are so sick Jan!  Seems sad to break it at 99 days but some things are more important than running streaks.  Take care of yourself!

Sara

MM #2929