A Mile A Day

Ending steak (Read 40 times)

Well ended streak did not want to but am having some problems, started haveing shortness of beath and some chest discomfort after running

a few minutes, started out shorness of breath so Doc. gave me inhaler thought it was eia so tried it did not work mow seem to be getting chest pain

more of an ache but still worried me kept running thru it but decided that was not the best so have a Doc appointment today and take it from there

well its been nice streaking with everybody this is my third time 128 days first time 598 second time and ths was 386 wanted 2 years but no use taking any chances well keep on streaking you never no I might be back

Turning back the clock one mile at a time

jeffdonahue

Sorry to hear it, but health is more important.  After all, in the long run isn't that why run in the first place?

Hope you feel better.

Ojo

Health is definitely more important!  Take care of yourself!

Sara

MM #2929

old-runner

Bob... Congrats on how far you made it!  Take care of yourself and there are plenty of great running years ahead!

Just thought let everybody know, I went to Doc Tues. and he set up a echo stress test at the hospital Friday, I guess good thing I went in, the test showed a blockage so I am getting a dye put in Mon. and if just the one blockage a stent ant the same time, they didnt say how bad the blockage was but gave me presc. for nitro and pills to slow heart rate down, well I hope to back running as soon as possible just wanted to say if you have any idea there is a probleum get it checked I think I took a chance trying to run thru some of this and finaly gave in well take care everybody keep on srteaking

Ojo

Wow Bob!  Glad you got it checked out.  Take care of yourself.

Sara

MM #2929

jeffdonahue

Wow Bob!  Glad you got it checked out.  Take care of yourself.

+1 - take care of yourself, messing with blockage and heart problems is no joke.

Yea glad I got it checked, one was 95% blocked they called it the widow maker had an other one was 100% blocked but the Doc said the heart rerouted new arteries to compensate for it, he did say all my running is probably what helped with that,  I have not posted the miles all you ruuners have but I have been running for 30 years I have people some times ask me why I run so much. Well now I have a good answer for them. The Doc. put 3 stents in me and told me to sart eating better, all I can say if something does not feel right have it checked and do not try top to push thru it if you think it can be serious, well just thouht I would let you know, thanks for the thoughst keep on streakingSmile

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Yea glad I got it checked, one was 95% blocked they called it the widow maker had an other one was 100% blocked but the Doc said the heart rerouted new arteries to compensate for it, he did say all my running is probably what helped with that, ...

Glad you caught this and came through it -- and that part above is pretty neat.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

C-R

Glad you caught this and came through it -- and that part above is pretty neat.

+1

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                      "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Thanks for your thoughts but that was not the end of it, I just got back from the hospilt today they has to rush me in for emerencey surgry Monday

I was on a 12 day walk run streak and was in cardic rehab when passed out they had to do CPR and hit me with the paddles to get me back; not fun at all they did a double bypass on me, this is getting to be a very long month for it supposed to be short. I still plan on keeping running this s just a set back again thanks for your thoughts

Ojo

Thanks for your thoughts but that was not the end of it, I just got back from the hospilt today they has to rush me in for emerencey surgry Monday

I was on a 12 day walk run streak and was in cardic rehab when passed out they had to do CPR and hit me with the paddles to get me back; not fun at all they did a double bypass on me, this is getting to be a very long month for it supposed to be short. I still plan on keeping running this s just a set back again thanks for your thoughts

Oh no!  Please take care of yourself and rest up!  At least you know your fitness will help with your recovery.  Good luck!

Sara

MM #2929

C-R

Wow. Get better soon. I just finished reading Salazars 14 Minutes book. You may get some positive vibes from it. Good read.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                            "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Thanks I am reader might pick that for readSmile

Wow. Get better soon. I just finished reading Salazars 14 Minutes book. You may get some positive vibes from it. Good read.