A Mile A Day

Weekly Check-in 04/27/09 (Read 242 times)

We received our first taste of heat here in the Chicago-land area this past week. I think we only topped out at about 78 degrees but it was enough to throw my body into a state of shock. Nothing like jumping from the high 40s to the high 70s to bring me back down to earth. I slogged through my long run this week fighting both the wind and the heat. I am glad that one is over with. In more positive news, I knocked off a very good 3 X 1 Mile interval session despite a very windy day. I came in at just under 60 miles for the week. Body seems to be holding up and I am finding that my fatigue is now my limiting factor instead of creeping pains and minor injuries which have held me back in the past. I think it is a good sign. I am targeting 65 miles for this week and my hope is to include an interval session, long run, and tempo run. Probably will do 2 to 3 doubles to accommodate the mileage. Hope everyone is running well.. Streak on! Ryan

Ryan

I'm happy that I didn't race this weekend. I pushed my 8 month old son around on Sunday for 5.2 miles, and ran Saturday for 5.2--both in lovely 80-degree weather. I rather like the warm weather running--just not the warm weather racing.
      Ojo

One more week until the marathon! I had horrible (and I do mean horrible) run yesterday. First time in months that I just could not do it. I was trying for 13 miles (last long run) and got to 9.8 and just had to stop. Not good. I do want to blame it on the very hot temps -- I should have brought something to drink but since I haven't been drinking much on runs I thought I could do without. It was definitely a struggle but I am trying to put it behind me. I will take it easy the rest of the week and hope for the best. Hope everyone has a great week!

Sara

MM #2929

jeffdonahue

One more week until the marathon!
          Good luck this weekend Ojo.
          Jill_B

I fly.

Good luck Ojo! Don't worry about one bad run, it happens to us all sometimes! This past week was not a good running week for me, but then I had a great race yesterday (even if I didn't win any awards despite coming in 3rd of the women and 2nd in my age group, but I digress). Hopefully I'll have a good week this week (although my left foot hurts, not sure if it's a pre-race fake injury or a real one yet). My 1/2 is on Sunday! Time to start freaking out!!! Have a great week everyone!

Bring it on.

jeffdonahue

Had a pretty good week. I hit almost 50 miles (49.8 to be exact). I did consider going out for a quick run last night just to get over the 50 mile mark but decided against it since my achilles was aching a bit. The runs for most of the week were nice. We had some nice warm weather - topping off near the 90s this weekend. My toughest run was an 11 miler on Sunday. I went out with a friend who is slower than me. We usually run 9:15-9:30s, but she invited another woman who was much slower than that. We were closer to 10-11:00mpm for the eleven miles. I ran it fine mostly but running that slow throws off my stride a lot and my calves were really tight by the end. This week I am going to scale back. I do plan on a 15 miler this Sunday but only because I am going to be in Orlando and I love to do long runs in new places. But the rest of week should be 3-5 milers. Then I will try to hit 40-50 a few more times before I even consider trying to get up higher than that again. Okay - milestones this week: mikeburlingame - 450 days mainrun - 375 days Pammie - 2 months jb944 - 2 months Captain Atom - 1 month Strings - 1 month on another note - racerunner is coming up on a year pretty quick Jeff
                Captain Atom - 1 month Strings - 1 month
                The last 30 days graph is solid now!
                jb944

Chicago RnR 1/2 Marathon

Last week was a cutback week for me, so I ended up at a little over 18 miles. I also ran my first race on Saturday - the Race to Wrigley 5K. I had a great time and finished in 35:37 which is really fast for me - especially since I do the run/walk. I'm aiming for 26 miles this week. Day 57 today.
                  jeffdonahue

The last 30 days graph is solid now!
                    Sweet !!!
                      I do want to blame it on the very hot temps
                      Haha.. you are better than me. I blame the hot temps totally for my terrible long run! Wink It definitely takes the body time to adapt to the warmer temps. Weather outlook indicates cooler temperatures for the coming weekend, nice racing weather. Good luck in your race!

Ryan

KvnJns

Great week for me. I had my highest mileage week and my longest long run, 20 miles, which I really needed for my confidence going into my first marathon. Only 4 weeks out from that. Good job everyone.

Kevin

Wingz

Professional Noob

Another good week here. Transitioned over to barefoot running, and though am having some minor aches/blisters/pains I can't tell what's that and what's my feet trying to deal with the orthotics/metatarsal pads I've been using. The neuroma's all but cleared up now, my runs FEEL too short, and it's only respect for the minor stuff in the feet that's holding me back now. Wonder if pushing through that will make it better or worse... Hmm.....

Roads were made for journeys...

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Still runnin. Just hit 19 weeks this morning. A few days out from a marathon and a few more days until an ultra. Good fun!
                              I am moving along. I added a 10 mile run back to my routine. I took it out one month before my last 5K. Didn't seem to help or hurt the time in the race. I want to build up to five fast pace miles inside the 10 miler. I am at three right now. My other quality day is 5 X 1K around 10K pace with 90 second recoveries, followed by a few 40 second striders. Next race is a 5K on May 16. Good running all.
                              Ojo

Still runnin. Just hit 19 weeks this morning. A few days out from a marathon and a few more days until an ultra. Good fun!
                                Good luck with the ultra! How far are you going?

Sara

MM #2929