A Mile A Day

Weekly Check-In 07/06/09 (Read 206 times)

jeffdonahue

Last week went pretty well.  It was a cut-back week for me as I prep for my 5K this weekend, so I cut back from 60 to 50 miles.  I may cut back even more this week, but we'll see how it goes.  I also did my first trail run this weekend with the guy that runs my bootcamp class.  It was fun but I had a bunch of different pains in my feet the next day, I think from all the uneven terrain and the fact that my feet are not used to that.

I also changed up my workouts which has me a little worried about the race this weekend.  Instead of my two speed sessions I was supposed to do, I did a hill workout on Thursday and the Trail run on Saturday.  I still plan on a speed session tomorrow as my last speedwork before the race.

On an off-topic note, we dropped my oldest off at camp yesterday.  She is gone for 12 days - first time she has left us for that long (and not been at a relatives house).  My wife and youngest daughter were in tears as we drove away, but at least they held it together till we got in the car.  It will be weird not having any real contact with her for two weeks. We are allowed to email her, but she cant email back, and no phone calls or visits.  Kind of weird when I woke up this morning and her room was empty and I realized how far away from me she was.

Okay, back to running.  Here are the milestones this week:

slomike - 16 months

mlybrand - 350 days (almost to that one year mark)

jugdish - 6 months

FrancesRE - 2 months

SkBunny  - 1 month

smalcolm - 1 month

mtnchk1 - 50 days

backroadrunner - 50 days

vkay - 1 month

Young1 - back to double digits

jb944 - back to double digits

Good luck everyone and Happy Streaking!!!

Jeff

Hitting the 6 month mark in streaking was okay but the highlight for the week of running for me was breaking 30 miles again and this time feeling really good about it.  After a couple of low mileage weeks I have successfully added mileage each of the last two weeks and the legs are strong.  Absent from the log (probably will be this week too) is a long run.  I have a theory that at this point the long run is what puts me into a little funk when running without a day off.

Thanks to everyone who continues to faithfully share your streaking wisdom with the rest of the group and congrats to those who achieve milestones this week.  Keep up the good work!

I should also add that both my younger brothers have begun to banter more about taking the family mileage title I have held consecutive months.  I won't be making it easy on them having raised my minimum run to three miles going forward .
          Hit 100 days this morning.  Going for a lunch run now.
            Congrats all on the milestones!!!

http://www.runningnotes.net

Wingz

Professional Noob

I keep on having low-grade issues with my feet and (now) ankles.  It's enough to make me wonder from time to time if I should take a few days off and try to heal up.  Then I remember that NOT taking days off is actually what's motivated me to train as consistently as I have been and has been really helping my CV system.  I can tell a difference.  BUT... erm.  Hrm.  What to do, what to do.  I really don't think a few days off will long-term fix anything.  I think just patience will do that.  So I'm trying to continue to be patient.  If I was SURE that a few days off would fix my problems permanently I'd do it in a snap.  But I kinda understand why they're happening, and I know that they're not getting dangerous - just annoying... and that I just need to HTFU and deal with it.

So I'm whining here instead.  Wink  I know this group knows all about patience...

Day 140 today!  Yay!  I still celebrate every 10th day.  It's special to me and makes me proud.

Smile

Roads were made for journeys...

A Saucy Wench

only had time for a quick mile this morning.  heading off to vacation, maybe when I get in tonight I'll have time for a quick loop

wingz - I celebrate every 15 days.  dunno why.

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

I managed to run a little every day in Mexico last week after the marathon. I am feeling great this week.

~Sara
                  It's supposed to be hard. If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard is what makes it great. ~ Jimmy Dugan

Hitting the 6 month mark in streaking was okay but the highlight for the week of running for me was breaking 30 miles again and this time feeling really good about it.  After a couple of low mileage weeks I have successfully added mileage each of the last two weeks and the legs are strong.  Absent from the log (probably will be this week too) is a long run.  I have a theory that at this point the long run is what puts me into a little funk when running without a day off.

Thanks to everyone who continues to faithfully share your streaking wisdom with the rest of the group and congrats to those who achieve milestones this week.  Keep up the good work!

I'm kind of right there with you.  I'm hitting 6 months this week and put in my first 30 mile week in a long time.  I'm trying to get a longer run in each Sunday as well.  I'm keeping my daily minimum at 2 miles though, and have done so for 20 days. 

One thing I do notice is no matter how many miles I put in I can't seem to gain any days on Favre3xmvp...which is frustrating for me being a Bears fan...Smile

Nice job on all the milestones, and welcome back Young1!

A Saucy Wench

hang in there Jeff 10 days will be over before you know it and next year you'll be plotting getting rid of both girls so you can have a good vacation!

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

still going 139 days this morning. 4 mile minimum daily, except the day before my last marathon and went with peer pressure and only did 2.8 miles.

Get off my porch

Ojo

I am also hanging in -- I had a horrible cold this week but managed to keep running through it.  I am trying to figure out how I am going to keep the streak going when we leave on vacation in 3 weeks.  We will be driving to Wisconsin (16 hours) so I might have to run around the parking lot of a rest stop.  Fun!

Another big week of milestones -- congrats to you all!

Sara

MM #2929

On My Horse

I caught that damn 2k bunny.

"What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies with in us." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Jill_B

I fly.

I ran 2 slow miles this morning with my son in the running stroller.  Little Houdini managed to undue the strap, stand up and hand me his shoes.  I'm going to stick to the treadmill for a while.

Other than that I think I might have "runner's knee" - it's been bothering me a tad and I've decided that maybe I need to stretch.  We need a "Stretch A Day" group so that I remember to keep stretching (I'm terrible at it).

Congrats on all the milestones!

Bring it on.

My week was OK.  Lower mileage last week than the week before but I was on vacation and not running at 5:00am so had to run in the heat.  Had a race Sat. that was OK.  Not great but OK.  Still enjoying the everyday run.  There are some days I would like to make an excuse but feel so much better after I've gotten a run in.