A Mile A Day

Weekly Check-in 2/16/09 (Read 207 times)

The Monkey Games

Yeah, this was a one man quest. I will have to try and challenge myself sometime in the Summer. I am registered to run Strolling Jim, 41 miles, in early May. SJ tends to be very hot and they have very very little on-course support, so that may be my opportunity to try and manage fluids more intensely.
      Jeff, For better or worse, here it is. One double which I am half way through today. I will be doing one long run on Thursday of 12 Miles and the rest will be done at easy pace. I may throw in strides one day or a progression run depending on how I am feeling. If everything holds up, this will be my highest mileage week ever. I am optimistic. I rarely end up sticking exactly to my schedule, usually end up doing some mid-week shuffling to account for how am feeling. Monday - 9 Miles Tuesday AM - 5 Miles Tuesday PM - 6 Miles Wednesday - 6.5 Miles Thursday - 12 Miles Friday - 6.5 Miles Saturday - 9 Miles Sunday - 7 Miles Ryan
      Nice job Ryan, I see you made the 60 miles. I missed by quite a bit. I knew I was going to be short because I missed one of my doubles on Friday for skiing. Then I had my montly poker game last night and was way too tired to get up for 12 today. I still hoped to get it in, but next thing I knew it was 7:00 PM and I hadnt run, so I got out the door for 3.5 miles - still got over 50 which is my highest this year and will shoot for 60 again this week. Jeff

The Monkey Games

So maybe my best week ever! Thanks guys!!