A Mile A Day

Thanksgiving Day Check-In (Read 237 times)

jeffdonahue

Hi Everyone and Happy Thanksgiving (fi you live in the US, if not - then happy Thursday).

Been a while since I checked in.  Things are okay here.  My PF has been flaring up and teh cold, wet weather has kept me from running barefoot, which usually helps to keep it at bay.  I did hit 2,000 miles for the year this morning which was a nice surprise.  I had forgotten I was getting close.

Also, I will be hitting day 700 on Sunday - hopefully with a good long run of about 15 miles. 

Hope all is well with you

Jeff

Jill_B

I fly.

Happy Thanksgiving!

I'm still going strong on my streak!  My husband has started to point out that if I don't break it soon, I probably never will because of my OCD.  No injuries really, although my hip has been pestering me on and off.  It didn't hurt during the monkey or since, but this morning it was stiff...

Bring it on.

Ojo

Happy Thanksgiving!

Congrats Jeff on the 2000 miles and 700 days! 

I am still going strong!  Had a nice PR today at the local 5 mile Turkey Trot.  All in all no complaints and feeling good.

Sara

MM #2929

Good work, guys.  I am at 251days or something like that.  Hit my 2000 during the Monkey last Sunday, which was sort of cool.  Took three days of 1,1, 2.5 after the Monkey. Had a decent 5K Turkey Trot today despite legs that still hurt from the Monkey.    One day at a time.

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

mlybrand

Still going strong here too.  Mostly indoors.  Got a lucky break today and could run outside for once.
              A little milestone for me on Saturday- 200 days.  I remember when I was pleased to pass 21 days which had been my previous longest streak.  Still feeling good too. 
              Ojo

A little milestone for me on Saturday- 200 days.  I remember when I was pleased to pass 21 days which had been my previous longest streak.  Still feeling good too. 

Congrats Elisa!  Are you ready to keep going through the winter? 

Sara

MM #2929

I sure am hoping to stay off the treadmill.  I am no longer hesitant to run in the rain.  That used to send me heading straight to the gym. I am just a little worried about those days when it is white-out conditions and the sidewalks are useless.  I would hate to be snowplowed into the snow bank.  I have found a gym near the house though that is really cheap (as opposed to $49/month) that I could use for those blizzardy days. 
                  Ojo

Yeah, I've had to cross the road to avoid snow plows.  The sidewalks are actually worse because you can't see if there is a raised crack.  Just remember to take it slow and wear lights or reflective wear. 

And always remember that I'll be out there! 

Sara

MM #2929

And always remember that I'll be out there! 

I actually do think of you out there.  And knowing you are probably experiencing the same weather as me.  I hope you don't mind being my running motivator. 

P.S. Are you thinking of running the Providence race in May again?  I signed up for the half .  It is really amazing how many RA people I have run the same race as but never got to meet up with them. 

jeffdonahue

I have found a gym near the house though that is really cheap (as opposed to $49/month) that I could use for those blizzardy days. 

Is it a Planet Fitness - that's where I go and it's only $10 a month.

It's a National Fitness. I checked out Planet Fitness but there were all these fees to join.

MTA: Just checked exactly what their fees are and they are just as bad; $45 for a month or $10 for a day. Their website led me to believe they were cheap.  I guess I'll stick with Boston Sports Clubs if I have to but I really prefer being outside. 

Hi, I just had day 335 and have only 30 left for my goal of 365.  I am not sure what will happen at that point but I have definitely enjoyed this year of running.  Next year's goals are being shaped in my mind.  Happy belated Thanksgiving everyone and keep up the good work!
                            jeffdonahue

It's a National Fitness. I checked out Planet Fitness but there were all these fees to join.

MTA: Just checked exactly what their fees are and they are just as bad; $45 for a month or $10 for a day. Their website led me to believe they were cheap.  I guess I'll stick with Boston Sports Clubs if I have to but I really prefer being outside. 

Keep an eye out because Planet Fitness has deals all the time where you can join for like a buck.  If you know someone that goes there, they may get some flyers at home that will let their friends join cheap, and then it's just $10 a month.  Hell, I use more than $10 worth of water there a month.