A Mile A Day

Weekly Checkin - 6/29/09 (Read 263 times)

Jill_B

I fly.

Good morning all!  I hope that you don't mind that I started the checkin thread, but I'm so excited - I hit 1000 miles today!  Wooo hooo!

Happy 4th of July a few days early!  Good luck to those of you running big time races in celebration.

Bring it on.

jeffdonahue

Nope, I dont mind at all.  Congratulations on hitting 1,000 miles.  That is awesome!!

Okay, as for me - last week was kind of touch and go.  I got the mileage in and a few hard workouts that felt pretty good, but my motivation started to lag a little bit.  It was my last long week as I taper down a bit for my 5K that is less than two weeks away now.  It was my 5th week in a row over 60 miles, but now I plan to cut the next two weeks back to the 40-50 range and get some really good speedwork sessions in to prep my legs for the 12th.

Some MIlestones this week:

jeffdonahue - A year and a half

mikeburlingame - 17 months

favre3xmvp - 6 months

Father Russia - 6 months

AmoresPerros - 100 days

jsobo119 - 100 days

FrancesRe - 50 days

Captain Atom - 3 months

Strings - 3 months

dollysmum - 50 days

auntjenny - 50 days

Kathyrunning - 1 month

Seanv2 - 1 monht

Nice work everyone and something to note is that all active streakers are now into double digits which is very nice.

Another FYI - racerunner 1314 will be coming off the chart this week since he/she has not checked in with the group in 6 months.  I dont expect much here, but if you havent even visited the group in six months I take you off the list.

Best of luck in the upcoming week.

Jeff

Congratulations to everyone who had milestones. Also, you all who have had the streak going for so long. Wow!

I already have more miles this month than I ever have had in a month & it's not other yet.  Yoohoo! I'm trying to increase my running and less walking.  My legs were sore this morning from the weekend runs so only did 1.45 this morning.  I love this forum it gets me out when I would rather make an excuse. 

Have a good week!!

mlybrand

No milestones, yet... but getting close (day 341 yesterday.. soon I will be able to fill out my USRSA paperwork Smile

Congrats to the milestoners (stoned milers??)

Mark

A Saucy Wench

Good morning all!  I hope that you don't mind that I started the checkin thread, but I'm so excited - I hit 1000 miles today!  Wooo hooo!

Happy 4th of July a few days early!  Good luck to those of you running big time races in celebration.

Woohoo!  I hit it yesterday.  Slogged an extra 1.3 on my long run just to get there!

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

Wingz

Professional Noob

Still here, still streaking, still wondering if I made a mistake jumping to barefoot.  And wondering what a stress fracture feels & behaves like.  Sharp, knife-like pain located in an area where there's only bones & joints in the feet, worse when you stand on the balls of your feet, worse after longer or harder running and after short (hours) rest.  Better after 24 hours or so.  Comes right back after the next good run... *sigh*

Wondering if I should try to take an easy week.  Wondering if I CAN take an easy week.

Roads were made for journeys...

Way to go, guys!

I hit 100 days yesterday!  That feels like a big milestone to me, since it was a goal in the back of my mind when I started the streaking-thing.

We finally have some nice weather here in middle Tennessee.  This morning was clear, dry and 62, which was a welcome relief after the heat and humidity.

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

Congrats on all the milestones!  The good thing about racerunner being taken off the list is most of us get to move up a spot...Smile

Decent week for me, although the weekend still seems to be tougher to get miles in.  I want to try to increase my weekly mileage to around 30 and hopefully maintain that throughout the summer.  I'm doing my long runs on the gym treadmill until this heat wave passes at least. 

Speaking of the treadmill...I was at the gym running on it last week...listening to my iPod and zoning out when the power went out bringing the treadmill to a sudden stop...not fun...Smile

I'll pass the 500 mile mark for the year today, and today is day 175 for me...still chugging along!

Ojo

Lots going on this week so congrats to all of you!

I had an okay week -- still getting used to having the kids around and adjusting my schedule.  It is hard to stay awake at night when I am getting up so early to sneak the runs in!  Feeling strong although lots of little aches and pains.  I am wondering if some of my problem is my shoes -- they changed the model (Nimbus 11) and I might need to adjust to it.

Hope everyone has a good week and 4th of July!

Sara

MM #2929

jeffdonahue

Ojo, I HATE when they change shoes on me.  Every time they "upgrade" their model to the newer version it never seems to work well for me and I have to go through the whole process of trying on new styles to find something that works.

A Saucy Wench

Darn it.  I've been doing the barefoot running thing 0.5 miles every other day or so and it is helping a lot.  My right foot hasnt felt this good in years.  I got yelled at  at the gym for running barefoot on the treadmill.  I dont want to get Vibrams for that because it will take longer to put them on than to do the workout.  And it is stupid. 

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

Ennay - could you just wear socks on the treadmill?

Congrats milestoners!!!

I can't believe I hit one month in a couple of days!  Crazy.  Good crazy.  Smile

http://www.runningnotes.net

A Saucy Wench

I did socks the first day and it was like running on snow...just a bit too much slip ...Since the reason I am not allowed to run barefoot is "safety" I kind of morally object to running in socks as an improvement.  It was a personal trainer who yelled at me not a real gym employee (contract) so...I may ignore it or go straight to the manager and explain what I am doing.

jeffdonahue

Or just go in there and kick his ass and tell him to STFU cause you're in training 
                                I would ignore the guy and try to get the half mile in without him seeing you.  (this is my legal advice....Smile   )

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth