A Mile A Day

The marathon was yesterday (Read 169 times)

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

And I ran today.  Twice.  Day 51.

jeffdonahue

Nice.  Running the day after the marathon does kind of suck.  I remember struggling through my mile the next day, and you ran twice??

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Getting better and better with each day. Big grin

Ojo

Getting better and better with each day. Big grin

That's great Trent -- when do you start the big push for the 100 miles?

Sara

MM #2929

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

I just did.  Sunday was my first long run... Shocked

Ojo

Funny -- that's why I am considering switching to the full next weekend in Vegas.  It will kick start the training for my first 50k in March.  Good luck to you!

Sara

MM #2929

jpdeaux

Very nice. And twice again the next day, I notice. I'm trying to run twice occasionally, like I did yesterday. But not the day after a marathon. I did run slowly the day after my ultra last week. Once. Slowly. I think I even tried to make it like 30 hours later.

Keep rolling Trent. We're with ya. It's nice watching your plan unfold.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

So I guess training for the Ultra officially began with Monkey.  I actually ran Monkey without any taper and ultra style (legs were tired, I was trying to direct the race, etc) with a lot of walks on the steep uphills.  I ran without any Gu, taking just gatorade and water.  The last few miles were my strongest. 

The prior 50 days were just to get my legs moving again.  At the beginning, 2-3 mile runs were tough.  Now I can easily run at least 8 as a bread and butter daily run. 

The next big change will be to throw in long runs, at first probably once every 2 of 3 weeks, with a medium run in the middle of the week.  After a month or so of that, I get to start with the really high mile long runs (20-40 miles, once or twice in a weekend, with every other week to recover).  So one week I may run 30 Sat, 20 Sun, the next week either no long run or a single long run, then the next week a 40ish miler.  I will do that Jan-midMarch, then taper...