A Mile A Day

Sreak may be in jeopardy (Read 206 times)

I am hurting right now.  My PF still hurts occasionally, though nothing worth complaining too much about.

But the last week I have had some serious achilles issues.  When I used to have acchilles problems, they were just tightness or a dull pain, but lately the pains are shooting pains that happen almost on cue at 1.5 miles into every run.  So I decided to rest my legs till the end of the year and just do 1 milers.

Then last night after running my mile, I was doing some work on the computer (probably checking RA threads) and when I got up I twisted something wrong and pulled my calf muscle.  Funny thing is that all these problems are in the same leg (my left one).

But right now I can barely walk straight the pain in my calf is so bad.  I am hoping it will loosen up by this afternoon and I can get my mile in, but if these problems keep persisting, I might be in some seriouis trouble.

Never mind the fact that all these problems make running just NOT fun anymore.

Just griping.  Thanks for listening,

Jeff

2015 Goals

Run 1,800 miles

Do 10 minutes of core work every day

10 mile goal: 1:12:00 (Black Cat 10 miler - March)

I fly.

I was thinking of posting the same thing.  My right leg has been a mess for a while  - First hip pain, now quad pain. I'm going to take advil and try to run (yes, Trent, I know that is not the best idea in the world).

I hope that you feel better later.  Good luck!

Bring it on.

Ojo

Sorry for all your aches and pains Jeff but it is more important to give it a rest if the problems persist.  It sucks but we do have to listen to our bodies occasionally!    Good luck!

Interesting that you say it is all on the same side -- for me it is my right side.  Hip, lower back, and heal pains for me.

Sara

MM #2929

I'm on the right

I hope you feel well enough by this afternoon!  And if your body needs a rest, heal up and restart that streak! 

I'm Eric, the guy who runs to keep his sanity.

Thanks everyone.  I will run till at least the 30th (that will be 2 years for me) but just a mile a day till then.  At that point I will re-assess how everything is doing, and maybe cut back my mileage for next year.  I have been running in the 50-60 mpw range right now, and maybe that was just too much stress on it right now.

Also, it really didnt help doing that off-road 4 miler last weekend.  I think the really steep uphills just over-strained the achilles/calf area to the point that my legs rebelled.

2015 Goals

Run 1,800 miles

Do 10 minutes of core work every day

10 mile goal: 1:12:00 (Black Cat 10 miler - March)

mlybrand

I hope you get better soon Jeff.