A Mile A Day

Welcome new members (Read 1280 times)

jeffdonahue

Wow, more new members this morning. Welcome to Runnergabe* meewolfie* I havent checked their logs yet for start dates, but hey - Streak On!

Along for the Ride

Thanks for the welcome Jeff! My streak started yesterday ... thanks to ShanHas for pointing us all to this group.

Your living is determined not so much by what life brings to you as by the attitude you bring to life; not so much by what happens to you as by the way your mind looks at what happens.

Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared with scars.

Kerry1976

Master of the Side Eye

Thanks everyone. I have a 6 day streak going but not sure if I will go today or not, which would mean I might start a new streak! MTA: and echoing thanks to ShanHas for pointing out this group!

TRUST THE PROCESS

Oh Mighty Wing

Yeah!!! Welcome to you all!!! I hope you enjoy running everyday! I know I am!! Remember to take it slow and don't be afraid to make what were your off days nice easy SLOW 1-milers!!
          jeffdonahue

Welcome to our new member - bliss. I hope this group can help keep you going.
            jeffdonahue

Another new member - Disciplerunner. Welcome to the wonderful world of streaking

Oh Mighty Wing

Welcome Bliss and Diciplerunner!
                  Hi everyone I'm glad I could join this group. I'm not sure if I can have very long running streaks but I'll try my best. Smile
                  2008 goals mile:5 :30 5k: sub 20:00
                  Wingz

Professional Noob

Ready to give it a try! Big grin Thanks for the inspiration, Jeff!

Roads were made for journeys...

Oh Mighty Wing

Ready to give it a try! Big grin Thanks for the inspiration, Jeff!
                      WELCOME!!!!
                        welcome! Cool
                        Wingz

Professional Noob

Thanks, guys. This should be interesting... last time I tried to run 7 days/wk I hurt myself. But I wasn't doing 1 milers... just trying to run every day. D'oh! Hopefully I'm a little wiser now. Wink

Roads were made for journeys...

Oh Mighty Wing

Thanks, guys. This should be interesting... last time I tried to run 7 days/wk I hurt myself. But I wasn't doing 1 milers... just trying to run every day. D'oh! Hopefully I'm a little wiser now. Wink
                            I do not suggest running 3 milers for 7 straight days.
                            jeffdonahue

Hi Wingz - welcome to the group, and thanks for the help on the chart. Though with Young1 throwing off the bell curve for everyone Big grin Wink it is hard to see the change from day to day on the chart itself but it should work out just fine. and yeah, running a good sized run every day can lead to injury, but just taking your normal "off" day and running 1 mile makes it much easier. I have upgraded my "off" days to 2 miles now, but that was after about 4-5 months of streaking. Good luck
                                OK. Im starting today or tomorrow (in marathon recovery). Think this may give me added motivation to get off my butt and train better. My log is ugly and somewhat humerous since February.