A Mile A Day

Weekly Check-In 6/8 (Read 245 times)

HIt 30 last night.  Was hoping to do a 5 miler but t-storms in the morning and again at night held me to a wee 2.5.  Got the 5 in this morning for 31. 
    Jenny
      Bad week. I am going to have to stop streaking for a bit. I went to a sports doc Monday and she preliminarily diagnosed me with a stress fracture in my left femur. The x-rays were inconclusive so I had to wait until Thursday to get an MRI. In the meantime she told me to stop running. So last Sunday was my last run. I went back to the dr. today and my MRI was clear...no fracture. So now she thinks it is a muscle strain in my quad and some weakness that is causing mechanical issues. I got the ok to keep running, but need to start PT and take it a little easier. I just don't know if I will be able to streak in the next couple of weeks. Hopefully I'll be back though. Smile

~Sara
      It's supposed to be hard. If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard is what makes it great. ~ Jimmy Dugan

Sorry to hear about the problems, but I bet you were relieved to hear "no stress fracture."  Good luck and good health!
          I have a HM on Saturday. 

Nice PR this weekend Anne.

2015 Goals

Run 1,800 miles

Do 10 minutes of core work every day

10 mile goal: 1:12:00 (Black Cat 10 miler - March)

A Saucy Wench

Nice PR this weekend Anne.

Um. No.  That was not a PR, not by a long shot.  It was a miserable sucky 7 minutes slower than the same race last year. 

MTA: Ahhh, I see I typoed miserably when entering. 

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

Sorry.  I had checked your log and it was listed in your PRs (probably due to typo I guess)

Well, then sorry you didnt hit your goal (if your goal was to PR in the Half).

2015 Goals

Run 1,800 miles

A Saucy Wench

Sorry.  I had checked your log and it was listed in your PRs (probably due to typo I guess)

Well, then sorry you didnt hit your goal (if your goal was to PR in the Half).

My goal wasnt really to PR as I know right now that isnt possible.  It was to suck somewhat less than I did. 

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

.  It was to suck somewhat less than I did. 

And did you accomplish that?

2015 Goals

Run 1,800 miles

A Saucy Wench

And did you accomplish that?

No