A Mile A Day

Running through the crappy days (Read 74 times)

jeffdonahue

Some of you might remember in April when I had the flu and still ended up keeping my streak alive. Well, I have to say that that bout of flu has gotten me through a few tough days. Like Sunday, I got up feeling like total crap and didnt run in the morning (was supposed to do a 12 miler). In the afternoon I still hadnt run and almost bagged the streak. then I thought back and literally said out loud to myself - "Yeah, you feel like crap, but this is nothing compared to running a mile with the flu". Next thing I knew I was out on the road and got 6 of that 12 in at least, and half of it at a pretty good clip. So next time you are thinking of bagging it, think back to another tough time and it might just help you get through to keep your streak alive.
    Wingz

Professional Noob

Running with the flu... Hm. That does make me think that maybe streaking might be a little bit wacky. Wink Guess I'd better not get sick! Congrats on getting out there Sunday. Nice mental toughness there.

Roads were made for journeys...

Oh Mighty Wing

Good job on mental toughness!! I think you're right looking back on tough days an be a big help!