A Mile A Day

Weekly Check-In 07/06/09 (Read 206 times)

jb944

Chicago RnR 1/2 Marathon

My week was OK - did 23.4 miles last week and back to streaking again.  Hopefully I can keep it going this time around. 
    Wingz

Professional Noob

Hit 100 days this morning.  Going for a lunch run now.

Whoo hoo!

Congrats!  Smile

Roads were made for journeys...

Wingz

Professional Noob

I caught that damn 2k bunny.

Bunny stew!

Big grin

Roads were made for journeys...

This past weekend was hard. Friday my wife and I left mid Maine for the western edge of New Hampshire. It was a long drive. We went with my wife's parents, which wasn't as bad as it sounds. Anyway, I got up early and ran four miles Friday morning at home. Saturday morning I got up early and ran four miles in NH. The weekend consisted of a lot of drinking Friday and Saturday night, and emptying out my wife's grandparent's vacant house Saturday. Sunday I got the bare minimum run for this group - one mile after getting back home. I am still exhausted!

Note: telling non-running relatives about your run streaking while drinking is a lot of fun, but you got to have thick skin Smile

mlybrand

Yep.  I am almost at the year.  The very day that I hit the year mark, I have a 7 AM flight from Seattle to LA, which will be the start of an all day journey to Peru, so I guess I am getting up for a crazy man mile at midnight before I go to bed.  It's either that or trying to outrun TSA folks in LA.  Since I get in to Lima at 23:55, that's just way to risky.  And since I have to leave the house at 4-ish, I am not real sure about an early morning mile.  Whatever, the mile will happen.  FWIW, my last crazy man mile was in December through two feet of snow in upper teens BRRR.  But it was another one of those days where there just wasn't going to be another opportunity.

Mark Smile

jeffdonahue

I caught that damn 2k bunny.

Nice job.

Half way to 100 yesterday!!

I just wish my R leg would join me in my excitement with this milestone.  Maybe the massage & chiro appt this week will straighten things out?!

So do not get tired and stop trying. - Hebrews 12:3

Top 'O the World!

Hrmph! I'm STILL behind the 2000K bunny ....but making slow progress in catching 'im...day 48 here...I feel like I'm in a 12-step program..."Hello, my name is....."

dead tired, but I survived the holiday wknd w/short running intact....I don't run so well on beer & lack-o-sleep!

Remember that doing anything well is going to take longer than you think!! ~ Masters Group
                  jeffdonahue

Hrmph! I'm STILL behind the 2000K bunny ....but making slow progress in catching 'im...day 48 here...I feel like I'm in a 12-step program..."Hello, my name is....."

dead tired, but I survived the holiday wknd w/short running intact....I don't run so well on beer & lack-o-sleep!

LOL

Hello, my name is Jeff and I am an addict.  It has been 555 days since the last time I didnt run. 

Top 'O the World!

see, you're what we'd call a "veteran" addict!
                      Remember that doing anything well is going to take longer than you think!! ~ Masters Group

I'm kind of right there with you.  I'm hitting 6 months this week and put in my first 30 mile week in a long time.  I'm trying to get a longer run in each Sunday as well.  I'm keeping my daily minimum at 2 miles though, and have done so for 20 days. 

One thing I do notice is no matter how many miles I put in I can't seem to gain any days on Favre3xmvp...which is frustrating for me being a Bears fan...Smile

Nice job on all the milestones, and welcome back Young1!

Hopefully the Bears find a comfortable spot looking up at the Packers in the standings this season

Go Pack Go!