A Mile A Day

Streak question (Read 238 times)

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

So, as y'all know I am not currently streaking.

Thank goodness.

What would you have done if you were in the middle of a streak and, like I had to deal with the other day, you were so sick with influenza that a walk to the bathroom resulted in the need to sleep the effort off for 45 minutes?

Jill_B

I fly.

My streak would be over.

Bring it on.

A Saucy Wench

I kept up my streak at the 1 mile level through an illness like that and I think that is why 2 months later I am still not healthy.  Rest up monkey man.

MTA: it is also likely that the get out of bed slump in my chair while staring at the treadmill, run, crawl back in bed is what triggered my back/hamstring issue. 

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

Ojo

What would you have done if you were in the middle of a streak and, like I had to deal with the other day, you were so sick with influenza that a walk to the bathroom resulted in the need to sleep the effort off for 45 minutes?

If this was the case, I probably would have ended my streak.  I have run a few days sick but just a bad cold and not influenza.  Hope you are feeling better!

Sara

MM #2929

mlybrand

First, I must preface my response with: I am an idiot.

I would run at least a mile a day, regardless.  I have done this already a few times, and so far I am not the worse for wear.  Your mileage may vary.

Mark Smile

I'm with mlybrand, an idiot.  With just over 100 days before my personal 1 year of streaking goal I am focusing on that end..  At this point it would need to have me bed ridden to prevent at least 1 mile.

If you asked me this question on January 1 of next year though, I suspect it would be a different answer

Get well soon Trent!

jb944

Chicago RnR 1/2 Marathon

I'm an idiot.  I would probably still try to run.  Hope you feel better soon.
                Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Feeling mostly better.

To be clear, I could barely walk to the bathroom.  It was bad.

Hope you continue to recover and get back to normal.  I am an idiot but also have gained a tiny bit of ability to see the bigger picture (this skill has come- very slowly-with age) and my streak would end if I were that sick.  The streak is not the main deal for me.

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

A Saucy Wench

damn....I got the flu

I blame Trent

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

jeffdonahue

So, as y'all know I am not currently streaking.

Thank goodness.

I had the flu really bad last year during my streak.  What I did was waited it out and got my one mile run in at the point that I felt the best (not that I felt good by any means, but when I felt the "best" that day).  I was dizzy and staggering a little for the whole mile, but I got it in.  then I went back home and slept again and did the same thing the next day cause the flu wasnt gone. 

I just kept telling myself - its only a mile, less than 10 minutes and I'll be back in my bed.