A Mile A Day

dangit! (Read 93 times)

Oh Mighty Wing

I just can't squeeze even a mile in today!! I went to DMV right after work and now i have to get the house and cake ready for company tonight!! And it's raining like crazy so it's not like i could fake cleanliness! I would need to toss in a shower and that just won't happen!! UGH!! Stupid life getting in the way!

El Presidente

You still have until midnight to get your daily run in. Streakers sometimes have to get their runs in at crazy times or in crazy conditions to keep a streak alive. I'm not suggesting that you shirk your other responsibilities. But there are still plenty of hours in the day left...just saying.

"I train conservatively so that I can race recklessly."

jeffdonahue

Hang in there - you can find the time. It just takes some creative time management. I have done quite a few runs at 10:30-11:00 at night (one at 11:45 PM) to get the mile in. Sometimes it is tough, but when you persevere through it, you will feel great about it. Plus, once you do that once, it will help you to realize where you can pull out 10-12 minutes to run in a busy schedule. But I must admit, nothing is worse than getting to 8:00pm and you are just about to sit down on the couch to watch TV and realizing you havent gotten your run in. Stick it out. The longer you get into it, the easier it becomes. I think I actually read somewhere that it takes 21 days to form a habit, or to get something embedded into your daily routine. So start with that goal - try to hit that 21 day mark. Best of luck Jeff

El Presidente

I think I actually read somewhere that it takes 21 days to form a habit, or to get something embedded into your daily routine. So start with that goal - try to hit that 21 day mark.
          Some habits are more addictive than others. I find that running can be very addictive. Since I do almost all of my running in the early morning, I remember a time last year when my wife was out of town and I had to stay home with my three kids, I was a nervous wreck until I was able to get my run in for the day. (Kind of sad, really...but that seems to be the nature of the beast.) On a completely unrelated note: I was thinking Jeff, Better Off Dead could have been the perfect movie if they would have just left out the clay-mation hamburger rock star and french fries. Of course, today's kids would miss out on a lot of the humor as they would be wondering things like "Who the heck is Howard Cosell?" Better Off Dead ranks right up there with Fletch and Dumb and Dumber (in my humble opinion) as having some of the most brilliant humor ever put into a motion picture.

jeffdonahue

Since I do almost all of my running in the early morning, I remember a time last year when my wife was out of town and I had to stay home with my three kids, I was a nervous wreck until I was able to get my run in for the day. (Kind of sad, really...but that seems to be the nature of the beast.)
            I am facing that right now. My wife is going to Norway for business for all of next week and I'm not sure when I will be able to get my runs in since I will always have my littlest one with me (4 y.o.). I am also supposed to be building a deck on my house while she is gone which will eat into my running time. I am just hoping I can find some time and that it doesnt end up being a week of one milers.

Oh Mighty Wing

i'm going to have to check out better off dead! Thanks for the encouragement guys! I got out there today and ran 3 which really looking at my log I'm impressed my first attempt lasted as long as it did and that my break was 1 day! But i'm hoping back in the saddle!

El Presidente

i'm going to have to check out better off dead!
                You haven't seen Better Off Dead?!?!?!? Oh my...it's quirky, but surprisingly funny. For someone who grew up in the late 70s and early 80s, this movie is a riot.