A Mile A Day

200 days (Read 174 times)

Oh Mighty Wing

Recovery jogs a different pace for everyone. For me calling it jogging helps remind me it's suppose to be slow. Tonight I was a full 3 minutes slower than what I ran this morning.
    it makes perfect sense! And it is important to do whatever you need to do to make sure you take it easy and let it be a recovery.

q day

Great job, both of you and to everyone on this adventure. Sometimes I feel like a scout. I am just up ahead and can report back that there are beautiful views and also tough uphills. I'm trying to stay focused on 1000 days and that keeps me going, but lately that's my only motivator. I hate running in the winter, but the 50 degree days of late, have been nothing short of perfect. Streak on! D

"If you always do, what you've always done; you'll always get what you've always got."

Oh Mighty Wing

Young - it's been a while! How are you doing?
        jeffdonahue

Darrin, Nice to hear from you again. I am struggling through right now - have no motivation at all except trying to get to one year. Ohter than that, right now I dont even feel like running most days. Hope all is well Jeff

Oh Mighty Wing

Jeff, Do you think it is just mental burn out from the marathon?
            jeffdonahue

I think it is a culmination of a lot of things. the marathon is done - did well, but now I have no goal in the future that I am working towards Work is getting busier with end of the year coming up Life is hectic Worried about the kids Christmas is coming my water heater just broke my dishwasher just broke My mom just had back surgery my wife's job is up in the air almost every single month (she is a contractor) Money is way too tight (see notes about water heater and dishwasher). I had been hoping to take my family on a vacation soon as I think we are all a bit stressed out, but I think we just spent that money on the large appliances. I think just everything that is going on has me stressed to the point that when I run now I almost feel guilty that I am not working on fixing something else in my life. I still get out every day, but almost every day right now I think to myself "Why bother?" Right now it is just to get to the 1-year mark, but at this point I'm not sure I am going to continue after that. Oh well, we trudge on and hope it is a phase that passes.
                Hope good stuff starts happening soon Jeff. Every October/November I go through a down period. I contribute it to the sun. It goes down too fast and early.

Oh Mighty Wing

Jeff, That sure is alot! And I know that you feel guilty for running, but if running helps release stress and frustration then I'm sure your family will think it is worth it. I know that when I am not running I am more snippy with DH then I should be. Running for me helps me maintain some sense of self sanity and when life gets crazy it sure does help to keep me more even. I'd be willing to bet that this is the case with you too - as it is with most runners i know. So try not to guilt yourself and tell yourself that running is helping you to deal and still be nice to your family! I know you will make it through this trying time and your family will be stronger as a result!!