A Mile A Day

Weekly Check-in 04/06/09 (Read 195 times)

Jill_B

I fly.

I almost didn't get my run in today. I woke up this morning feeling fine, but after about 30 minutes I was having trouble focusing and I couldn't see well. At first I thought that my contacts were in the wrong eyes, but even after I switched them I still couldn't focus. Then everything was sort of blurring on me also. My husband is an ophthalmologist so of course he was trying to give me an eye exam over the phone. Fortunately, he realized quickly that I was about to have a migraine. I've only had 2 ever and they were years ago, so I didn't even think about that being the problem. My dad came by and took care of my kids so I could rest. Then when it started going away, I had the treadmill repair guy coming over. So he just left and I ran 1 mile (all that I have time for) and now I'm off for our 2nd Seder (Happy Passover!). But I ran. 1 mile. Phew!

Bring it on.

I almost didn't get my run in today. I woke up this morning feeling fine, but after about 30 minutes I was having trouble focusing and I couldn't see well. At first I thought that my contacts were in the wrong eyes, but even after I switched them I still couldn't focus. Then everything was sort of blurring on me also. My husband is an ophthalmologist so of course he was trying to give me an eye exam over the phone. Fortunately, he realized quickly that I was about to have a migraine. I've only had 2 ever and they were years ago, so I didn't even think about that being the problem. My dad came by and took care of my kids so I could rest. Then when it started going away, I had the treadmill repair guy coming over. So he just left and I ran 1 mile (all that I have time for) and now I'm off for our 2nd Seder (Happy Passover!). But I ran. 1 mile. Phew!
      Wow, glad you got your run in despite the migraine. I get a very similar migraines with visions issues, blindspots almost like someone is holding their hand an inch in front of my eyes. Luckily, they are a rarity for me and it sounds the same for you. I actually can't remember the last time I had one, probably a few years ago. Pretty hard to even stand or walk around, let alone run during those episodes.

Ryan

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

I get migraines. Sometimes running actually evokes them, typically ocular migraines in that case. But when I have a crushing migraine, tying on my shoes and running a few actually usually helps. the hardest part though is getting those damned shoes on. Chag pesach sameach Jill! L'shana ha'ba'a b'Nashville Wink
        Jill_B

I fly.

Chag pesach sameach Jill! L'shana ha'ba'a b'Nashville Wink
          Thanks. Same to you!

Bring it on.

jeffdonahue

Chag pesach sameach Jill! L'shana ha'ba'a b'Nashville Wink
            Ummmm..... Happy Easter? (And of course I mean the Christ dying for all our sins Easter, not the bunny hopping, candy eating Easter (not that I'm against that Big grin ) Happy Passover to those that celebrate as well.
            Wingz

Professional Noob

Happy 100-day anniversary, Vintagerunner! Cool

Roads were made for journeys...