A Mile A Day

Weekly Check-In 08/17/09 (Read 226 times)

jeffdonahue

Okay, my runs just havent been feeling that great lately and it is starting to piss me off.  I did do a pretty good Tempo run on Saturday but then Sunday my quads were killing me (hurting way more than I would have expected them too).  I suppose it didnt help that I am the only person I know who can catch a cold in the middle of a heat wave.  I am all stuffed up, scratchy throat and lightheaded today, have been all weekend while camping.

On the upside, I have been doing some barefoot running and that still feels good - better than my shod running, I just cant do it for as long.

Jeff

Milestones this week:

jeffdonahue - 600 days

mlybrand - 1 year, 1 month

Oldman - 6 months

Albertoknox - 6 months

Hstreet - 5months

Amoresperros - 5 months

jsobo119 - 150 days

Francesre - 100 days

dollysmum - 100 days

AuntJenny - 100 days

backroadrunner - 3 months

old-runner - 1 month

mtnchick - 1 month

Nice Job Everyone!!!!!

Aside from not having time to run things are good.  I'm hoping things settle down in the next week so I can actually dedicate more than 20 minutes a day to running!
        Wow!  Everyone just WOW!  Great job on those milestones!

http://www.runningnotes.net

Wingz

Professional Noob

So far so good this week with my mini bonus-challenge.  Hopefully this will allow me to get over another mental hurdle...  To run 2.2 miles today instead of just the 1 to meet this group's streaking requirements required a bit of extra work.  I had to use a trick I've not used for 3 years - when I got to the 1 mile mark, I had to say, "Come on, Janell.  It's only 1 more mile.  You can do one more mile..."

And then you should have heard me argue about how I couldn't possibly, LOL!  I used to argue like that during long runs for HM training, not for a short run like this!   

Somehow I made it.  Started at 2.0.  2.1 and now 2.2 done.  Aiming to work my way up to 5...Smile

Roads were made for journeys...

Jill_B

I fly.

Fingers crossed that I can run this week.  My husband is starting his new job and we have guests all week.  I am in my running clothing, but have not yet run today.  ugh.  I really want to keep the streak alive!

Bring it on.

jb944

Chicago RnR 1/2 Marathon

Low mileage last week for me - in Colorado all week.  I was able to keep the streak going, but some days were really hard.  Hope to get back on track this week.
              mlybrand

Hoorah!!  Fast approaching the 400 day mark! 

Congrats to everyone on their milestones.

Other news for me:

* the biggie is that I am smack-dab in the middle of stressing on the initial petition for my lovely wife to get a visa to come live with me.  It's gonna be long, frustrating and lonely Sad

* but there is some sunshine, my Trader Joes opens this weekend!! WooHoo!! And it's only a couple of blocks away.  Bring on the 2 buck chuck.

Mark Smile

Ojo

All is well here -- still getting the miles done in spite of the heat and humidity.  I really think I prefer training in the winter.  It certainly doesn't help that I don't have air conditioning so it takes me a while to cool off.

Congrats to all with milestones.  I just passed 1500 miles for the year so far and the 300 day mark is approaching.

Sara

MM #2929

All is well here -- still getting the miles done in spite of the heat and humidity.  I really think I prefer training in the winter.  It certainly doesn't help that I don't have air conditioning so it takes me a while to cool off.

Congrats to all with milestones.  I just passed 1500 miles for the year so far and the 300 day mark is approaching.

Sara,  

I am wondering how you managed to run during the winter when there were snowstorms and the roads were barely passable.  Running in the heat is hard, but running in the snow seems impossible.  I would love to streak for a whole year.  So far I have run in the heat, in the rain and with a nasty head cold.  2 more days to 100 days- you were my inspiration.  Thank you!

Ojo

Sara,  

I am wondering how you managed to run during the winter when there were snowstorms and the roads were barely passable.  Running in the heat is hard, but running in the snow seems impossible.  I would love to streak for a whole year.  So far I have run in the heat, in the rain and with a nasty head cold.  2 more days to 100 days- you were my inspiration.  Thank you!

Thanks Elisa!  Certainly having Yaktrax helped a lot but I did tend to go slower on really icy days.  I also learned how to dress well and appropriately.  It still is hard for me -- who hates being cold -- to imagine that I looked forward to being outside every day.  It is certainly something I am proud of!

Congrats on making it to 100 days!  That is a huge accomplishment!

MTA:  Thought I should add that people in my town think that I am nuts!  Be prepared for people to yell at you because they think it is crazy being out on the snowy roads.  I always told them that I am more than willing to dive into a snow bank if someone is too close! 

Sara

MM #2929

With the temperatures in the 90's, I have just ordered myself a pair of YakTrak Pros. Winter will be here in no time-blech!  I really would rather run outside than on the treadmill. And once I get myself out the door in winter (the hardest part), it is so nice because I heat up. I don't think running on the treadmill accurately prepares me for running outside.  Also, I save a lot of time not having to go to the gym.  One day at a time.