A Mile A Day

Streak Ended. (Read 89 times)

Oh Mighty Wing

Crap... The northeast is experiencing a heat wave. But that's not what happened. So this morning I got up and got busy doing Sunday stuff. Forgot all about running. Then DH took me on a date. We went to dinner and to see The Dark Night. We got out of the movie at 9:45 to lightening. I also realized that I had grad work due by Midnight, which I clearly didn't do ahead of time. So it's now 11:45PM I'm exhausted. My grad work is in... and I'm waving good-bye to a very pretty streak!! Oh well... I'm starting again tomorrow!
      No worries...keep your head up. That is the cool thing about streaks; when one ends you can always start another one!
      jeffdonahue

That's a bummer, but as jugdish said - when one ends, another begins.
        Pammie

Sorry to hear that, but no worries. you can start a new one. I've had a few re-starts this year
            oh bummer! At least you are bouncing right back into it and you can use your last streak as a goal to beat Smile

Oh Mighty Wing

Thanks guys!!! So Marathon Training began today WOOHOO!!! Which also means my streak started again today!!
              jeffdonahue

What marathon are you training for? I am smack dab in teh midst of marathon training myself for an October 19th marathon up here in MA.

Oh Mighty Wing

ohh cool. I'm gonna do the Flying Monkey in Nashville. My SIL lives down there so I thought it seemed like a good idea. I don't think I could handle the masses at Philly. It's Nov. 23. How is training going for you? Is this your first while streaking? oh and can you restart me when you get a chance.
                  JillyBeans

Jiggle, jiggle, jiggle.

oh and can you restart me when you get a chance.
                    Me too...in fact don't even start me until I get to 10. If it's easier I can tell you when I get to 10 as I am starting over today again too. Jilly
                    "The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step."
                    jeffdonahue

ohh cool. I'm gonna do the Flying Monkey in Nashville. My SIL lives down there so I thought it seemed like a good idea. I don't think I could handle the masses at Philly. It's Nov. 23. How is training going for you? Is this your first while streaking? oh and can you restart me when you get a chance.
                      I will get you both restarted today - in fact, I think I still have to add Jillybeans to the list (or someone). This is my first while streaking - in fact my first in about 3 years. The last stand-alone marathon I did was Boston in 2005 and it was brutal (95 degrees and no shade, plus I was stupid and drank way too much gatorade beforehand). The last marathon I did (not stand-alone though) was in Ironman Florida in 2005. I had some serious stomach issues after getting off the bike. I ran the first half but walked much of the second half with a guy I met who was also having issues. Training for this one is going pretty well. My 18 miler this weekend kind of sucked with all this humidity (also, for some reason I decided to try listening to a book on tape instead of music which just did not keep me going - never do that again). Other than that is good. My legs are tired today though, so I'm glad tomorrow is a one mile day.