A Mile A Day

Cool Quote (Read 121 times)

jeffdonahue

So I came across a cool quote that kind of embodies the "Streak" I think. It is a quote from Frank Shorter "The more consistent you are in your training, the less you must rely on a perfect training run every day." I think that kind of encompasses what I am trying to do at least, and thought I would share it with the group. Keep getting out there. Jeff

q day

Great quote from one of the true running legends. I heard him speak before the 1994 Chicago Marathon and he said this. "I've always kept close track of my workouts and I added up the miles I ran between January 1, 1970 and 31 December, 1979. Then, I divided the number of miles by the number of days, and it came out to..........17!" Can you imagine that? I would say "consistency" has never been a problem for him. He earned his Olympic Gold Medal, no doubt about it!. Darrin

"If you always do, what you've always done; you'll always get what you've always got."

jeffdonahue

Nope, cant even imagine that at all. I was in awe about a guy in my office who has been tracking his workouts since 1975 and has run over 75,000 miles - enough to run around the world 3 times. I did the math and it worked out to running something like 6.75 miles EVERY day for 30 years. But averaging 17 miles a day. My legs hurt just thinking about it. But I suppose if you run faster than I do you are out there for less time than I would be.