A Mile A Day

Weekly Check-in 06/15/09 (Read 264 times)

jb944

Chicago RnR 1/2 Marathon

jb944, I am a big believer in active recovery. Sitting around makes most back problems worse. Activity keeps you loose.

I agree.  I'm walking a lot.  Not sure the pounding from running would be good, though. And I can't bend enough to get my running shoes on!   It hurts to bend, so I walk for 20 minutes, then go back to the couch and lay on the ice pack or heating pad for 20 minutes.  Then get back up and walk some more. 

Last time this happened, I rode 60 miles on my bike just a week later.  It was just a miserable week getting it back in place. 

Teresadfp

One day at a time

Good job, Eryn!  Mine looked like that briefly.  I'll get back to it!

Jeff, I still need a reset to 6/15/09.  Thanks!

jb944

Chicago RnR 1/2 Marathon

30 days, 30 days, 30 days *doing a happy dance* and I have no empty spots on my bar graph!!

Ok, so I'm easily amused! 

Great job. 

That graph I just posted will automatically update, Eryn, so you gotta keep on now!  Big grin

No pressure, no pressure, no pressure...  I know I'll keep going, I can't stop.  Besides, marathon training has begun again!  And this time I want to be stronger, faster, and hopefully skinnier!

So do not get tired and stop trying. - Hebrews 12:3

120 days, still going.

Keep moving, helps with the sprained ankles (twice in the last couple of weeks) and the bad back (hurts if I don't run, but then I sit all day long). YMMV.

Get off my porch

Wingz

Professional Noob

My experience has been that running on a sprained ankle helps it heal faster.  But, as Oldman says, YMMV.

Roads were made for journeys...

jeffdonahue

Ugh, I was supposed to do some interval work today, but this crappy weather is really starting to get to me.  I still got in a good ten miler, but I just didnt have the motivation to run fast today.

Maybe tomorrow, but a friend of mine has been on my case to go to a Boot Camp session tomorrow morning at 5:45.  I told her it would interfere with my running but still may try to go by anyway if I can get a run in before.

Chris, thanks for all the encouraging words for the crew in your weekly post.  I hope your ankle gets better fast!
                  celiacChris

3Days4Cure

Chris, thanks for all the encouraging words for the crew in your weekly post.  I hope your ankle gets better fast!

Thanks. Smile

I ran 1 mile on the ankle two days ago, and it is still a no-go. I GOTTA be better by Monday since that officially starts my marathon cycle (and 40+mpw minimum), so I'm taking one more day off and buying a brace. I don't care about how slow I'll need to run to baby this ankle, I just gotta run and get some base. Especially with me doing something stupid as my first "20+ mile" run in August.

Chris
                    PRs: 27:26 5k/ 49:52 5mi/ 58:17 10k/ 2:09:24 half/ 5:13:17 Full

Post-Bipolar PRs: 38:35 5k/ 1:09:34 8k/ 1:09:39 5mi/ 1:33:03 10k/ 3:20:40 Half

2022 Goals

Back to 10k

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

½ year is in the books. Big grin
                      jeffdonahue

Congratulations!!!

jb944

Chicago RnR 1/2 Marathon

Wow!  Good luck in the marathon this weekend.

Nice work Trent - now go get 'em at Grandma's!

Chris, great attitude and hang in there.

celiacChris

3Days4Cure

Congratulations. kick some serious ass this weekend.

Chris
                              PRs: 27:26 5k/ 49:52 5mi/ 58:17 10k/ 2:09:24 half/ 5:13:17 Full

Post-Bipolar PRs: 38:35 5k/ 1:09:34 8k/ 1:09:39 5mi/ 1:33:03 10k/ 3:20:40 Half

2022 Goals

Back to 10k

Awesome, Trent.  I'm about 3 months behind you.

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth