A Mile A Day

Joining in... (Read 383 times)

Well, I'm personally not a big fan of streaks and would normally take a day off when I need it.

But, I joined the Crow Athletics Streak 100 on January 1, so today is day 69 of that, and I'd already been running every day since December 19th at that point making my actual streak up to 82 days at this point, which is definitely the longest I've kept one since college, at least. I'd also planned on the 1 more mile thing this march so that was a planned 31 day streak...

Now I've found this group. No idea if I'll continue past April 9 at this point (or even March 31 to be honest) but...maybe. We'll see.

So for the moment throw me into the ring at least and if I decide it isn't for me then I'll bow out later. 

Run to Win
    25 Marathons, 17 Ultras, 16 States (Full List)

HermosaBoy

Welcome Blaine -- keeping that one more mile streak going will help this streak.  Wink

And you can quote me as saying I was mis-quoted. Groucho Marx

Rob

jeffdonahue

Welcome to the group - been tracking your "1 more mile" thing.  hope it goes well this time around and you can make it to the end of the month.

Well, if I ever finish uploading this video, then I'll be good through day 9 at least. Smile

And the summary graph on my training log is starting to look fun.

Run to Win

My streak ended at 127 days this week.

Not planning on continuing it, since that's not how my training works, normally.

Thanks for letting me play along!

Run to Win

Time to start over. Hopefully will make it at least to June this time (running a 100 miler then so no idea if I'll keep it going then or not.)

Run to Win

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Time to start over.

With running every day, or with running MORE every day?

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

With running every day, or with running MORE every day?

Yeah, that's never happening again...

I'll be happy w/the running every day. And doing pushups every day.

Run to Win

jeffdonahue

Welcome back.

Time to start over. Hopefully will make it at least to June this time (running a 100 miler then so no idea if I'll keep it going then or not.)

I've been thinking about similar things.   I plan on doing the 24-Hour race in Hampton, VA in April 2013 and will be doing at least 50, 60+ miles in that 24-hour period, and wondering if I would be able to get vertical the next day to crank out at least one running mile!  Uncertain if I can follow the determination it will take for the 24 hr race with the determination it will take the next day to get a mile, but I think I can... (Easy to say now when fully rested, lol)

The Plan '15 →   ///    "Run Hard, Live Easy."   ∞

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Unless the 24 hour race starts at midnight, can't you get both days of running in during the race? Although that may lead to a problem that RA log doesn't understand that...

Unless the 24 hour race starts at midnight, can't you get both days of running in during the race? Although that may lead to a problem that RA log doesn't understand that...

I haven't tested it but I'm pretty sure that Eric already accounts for that at least in the home page widgets, so it probably would work here too...

I fully expect my 100 miler to count over 2 days...

Run to Win

Well, just tested it, put in a 2 hour 4 miler that started at 11:00 pm last Thursday, and despite nothing being run on Friday it went from a 7 day streak to a 10 day streak (I'd actually run on Wednesday hence the extra day) - counted on the home page widget and the streak widget here.  (Workout has since been deleted.)

Run to Win

Ojo

Good to know!  I am running a 50 mile race in June that starts at 7 pm and should be finished by 7 am.  I guess I could break it up but it would to great to only enter the run once.

Sara

MM #2929

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Blaine gets points for being clever enough to test it, and Eric gets points for being a genius!