A Mile A Day

Toughest day yet (Read 82 times)

jeffdonahue

Yesterday was by far the toughest day I had to keep my streak going. I stayed home from work on Tuesday to watch my daughter who had a stomach ache. It was a 1 mile day for me anyway so I got that in late afternoon when my wife go home from work. By 8:00 that night I was keeled over on the couch with stomach pains. I was up all night and in bed all day Wednesday with a stomach virus. I couldnt stand for more than a minute or two without getting dizzy and having to sit down again. I got out of bed around 7:00 last night only because I had a meeting at town hall that I had to go to so we can build our deck this spring. I was feeling a little better and really struggled through a mile after the meeting, but I got it in. I passed out when I got home. Unfortunately I have to be at work today - still not feeling great. I ran my mile today on the treadmill just to get it over with and had broken out in a chilled sweat by about a half mile. I was never so glad to stop running in my life. It kind of sucks too because it is supposed to be mid-60s here today and I would have loved to get a run in outside in that weather. Hopefully I will be feeling better tomorrow. Jeff
      Sorry to hear about the illness Jeff. Hope things turn around quickly for you. Maybe you can use your experience from yesterday in the future. If you get to a day where you really just don't feel like running, but aren't deathly ill in a hospital bed just think back to what you pushed through yesterday. Yesterday was my 100th day and I was looking forward to a great run, but the weather was miserable with very high humidity. I felt like I was back in New Orleans, so I just ran w/ my wife at her pace/distance. I was surprised though, b/c I was pretty whipped after the run.
      jeffdonahue

Congrats on hitting 100! That is awesome. It was funny because my wife knows that I have this goal and she had been thinking about it during the day and wondering how I was going to get a run in with how I was feeling. She's not a runner but she is generally pretty supportive of any running goals I set.

q day

The bottom line is that you did run. That seperates the "Streakers" from the "Others". Great job! Congratulations to you too, Second Nature!

"If you always do, what you've always done; you'll always get what you've always got."