A Mile A Day

Weekly Check-in 3/9/09 (Read 218 times)

jeffdonahue

So last week was a big cutback week for me. After a month of 50 mile weeks, I did just over 30 this week. I had two one mile days, and a 10 mile long run on Sunday. All in all it felt pretty good and my legs are starting to feel more rested. I also finally went out and bought some new running shoes. I want to say the ones I was wearing had about 600 miles or so on them. I also switched shoes. Ever since I had started wearing that pair of Brooks (not sure on the model) I have had tweaks and twinges all over the place. So I tried on a few new pairs at the local running store and got myself a new style - still Brooks brand, but a bit different. At the very least they are new and feel more cushiony when I run. The 10 miler I did in them felt pretty good, though I did end up with a blister on the inside arch of my right foot - nothing a bit of bodyglide cant fix. Going to try for just over 40 miles this week I think in my build back up to an attempt at 60.
    Ojo

I had an "off" week mainly because of health stuff going on. To put it simply . . . it isn't easy being a woman and getting older! I had a tough 15 mile run yesterday on one of my easier routes -- the only thing I have learned it that I can pull the miles out even when my legs feel like they are barely moving. Hoping by the end of this week I will be back to normal. I am also hoping to attempt a 20 miler and then make my final decision on doing a May marathon.

Sara

MM #2929

Wingz

Professional Noob

Finished my third week of streaking last night, and am feeling pretty good about it. I decided it was time to up my daily minimum from 1 to 1.1. Not terribly adventurous, but I am thinking I've had about all the "adventurous" whupped out of me with the series of injuries I've had. I'm running injury-free except for that blasted neuroma which I've worked around by cutting a hole in my insole. I'm glad to be running without pain, and don't want that to change! I also realized this morning that running is no longer the CENTER of my fitness life. When I think about it, I realize I don't exactly have a "center" any more of fitness. I've got 4 different activities I juggle, and the fact that I've chosen to continue running a short distance every day means that running is important to me. It's just not the center of my world anymore. Go figger. /shrugs. I'm a martial artist, a runner, and a new triathlete. In that order. And I'm okay with that. I guess I'm just feeling acceptance this week about where I am and how things are going for me.

Roads were made for journeys...

KvnJns

Not much to say for me. This is the longest streak I have ever had, but then again I ever really tried for one before. It is kind of fun too. My long run came on Saturday. I had planned on a 14 miler but cut it short at 10 due to a sore knee, cold rainy weather and the fact that at mile 9.5 I stepped in a huge puddle of water Black eye.

Kevin

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Yesterday was my tough day. Flying back from DC, expected to be home by about 1pm. Planned an afternoon 20 miler. Well, baby was up all night in the hotel, then we missed our flight and spent an extra 7ish hours in the airport. With 3 cranky tired kids. Got home just before 10pm, exhausted, a bit sick, strung out. But I got my 5 miles. Day 82.
            Jill_B

I fly.

Just got 2 miles in. Jury duty stinks.

Bring it on.

Nothing special for me last week. I did run a 5k on Sunday, but I was slightly hungover and it was not a good performance...not smart on my part. I felt a little guilty because the run was sponsered by a church too...Smile I plan on increasing my weekly mileage this week a little. I'd like to be up on the 30 miles a week range.
                  still chugging along... Ran a 5k over this weekend and managed to place 3rd overall. I was even in front for the fist 1.25 miles. going to try to add a few more miles this week and see how I feel.
                    Jsobo...I looked at your workouts and noticed that you routinely run 3.14 miles on the treadmill. Are you a mathematician? Smile
                    Jill_B

I fly.

I hit 50 days yesterday and didn't even notice. I guess things are going well for me!

Bring it on.

Jsobo...I looked at your workouts and noticed that you routinely run 3.14 miles on the treadmill. Are you a mathematician? Smile
                        No... my treadmill is off... so I run 3 miles on it... and from doing a bunch of calculations (timing 100 revolutions at various speeds) I have determined it is off by a factor of ... 1.045 - 1.050 So 3 miles = 3.14 but it is interesting the relation to pi...

Running around the ship

WTF!>!?! Clowning around
                          Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

And today is Pi day Big grin All in all, I had a good week...started slow, finishing strong...one day to go.
                              Today I ran what my treadmill said was 3.25... I almost stopped when it said 3.14 ... but I had to complete the virtual lap... lol... SO 3.25 * 1.045 = 3.39625 OR 3.4 AND this day 23 of my streak... 7 more to get to 30 then I decide if I keep going... it just seams like I should continue it at least to the end of lent... not sure why it just feels like I should...
                              KvnJns

I am happy with this past week. Yesterday I ran my longest "long run" to date. I ran it with a friend, he struggled from about mile 9 till 14.6, bad leg cramps. We stopped several times for him to try to stretch it out. Part of me wanted to just leave him and keep on going but then I remember days when I have ran with Corland and he never left me. I felt obligated if you know what I mean. It was a training run for an upcoming Marathon that both of us are running. So anyway at mile 14.6 we were back where we started and he was ready to quit, I wasnt, so I ran a few more blocks to get to 15.75. I wonder if any of you have had a similar situation and how you handled it. Did you stick with them no matter what or did you take off with out them?

Kevin