A Mile A Day

Stupidity Ensues (Read 186 times)

Oh Mighty Wing

I sense my streak will come to an end this weekend... Bugs you might win afterall...

Bugs

I sense my streak will come to an end this weekend... Bugs you might win afterall...
      If I have to run through this miserable cold of mine you gotta keep going too!! I wasn't trying to so much compete with you but keep you motivated, but I kind-of sensed you liked being ahead of me. Wink So what's going on?

Bugs

Oh Mighty Wing

Bugs - I don't mind not being ahead of you!! And I like that we were both keeping each other motivated! Smile

Bugs

Bugs - I don't mind not being ahead of you!! And I like that we were both keeping each other motivated! Smile
          But why do you think you will have to break streak? Honestly, I was just doing this because Nobby encouraged running everyday. These one milers I've been doing seem kind of stupid, but they make me feel like I'm telling this cold who is boss. We'll see in a week won't we? Wink For me this streaking would be more fun if it was at least 3 miles each day, but I'm really trying to avoid that dam cardiologist, so I run just one milers while sick. So what IS GOING ON????

Bugs

Oh Mighty Wing

Bugs - didn't you get my email??? I sent you am email - or at least i tried to! The 1 milers will go away, but you are sick and the cardiologist is bad! But i'm sure those 1 milers will be gone as soon as you are healthy!! For me it was something to try to see if it helped my consistency and it did so for me it's the way to go. Doesn't mean its right for everyone. I know Jeff and Mikey and Jscovilli (maybe) run every day but don't worry about the streaking they just run everyday. For me I like having that number over my head. I'm hoping not to break my streak - we'll see - check your email.

Bugs

Ah OK, note to self, check gmail account. WOW! Good for you. Murphy does it all the time, why not you. This cold is a cough thing now. Roll eyes DH is coughing just as much, so must not because I ran my @ss off last night.

Bugs

Oh Mighty Wing

thank you!! Smile I wasn't putting it out there publicly because I don't want to hear negative things about it! I'm stressed enough over having to drive all the way there by myself I don't need to be reminded it's stupid. I've ran part of the course I know it will be killer. But I like the positive thoughts - at least that we all have the right to do crazy things! Maybe I will put it out to our group to get some good if you are really going to do this then here is some advice type stuff haha Glad it's just a cough now!! Maybe you just needed to share it before you could get over it! Wink

Bugs

I was about your age when I first started biking. I would bike 3-4 times during the week about 40-60 minutes, nothing major. On the weekends I might bike for a couple of hours. I didn't run then, long story. One day I decided to see my brother, who lives 40 miles from my town. I get to the edge of his town and decide it was probably dumb not to call ahead, so turn around and go home. I only had one bottle of water, got stuck in a major thunder storm, and got sunburned. By the time I got back to the edge of my town my legs just stopped working, they were done at the drop of a dime as I really the WALL, but I made it. On very little training (and overweight) I went out and biked 80 miles with no nutrition. I didn't know this was considered hard until I got older. Smile It's still one of my favorite memories. Sometimes you just have to put what is hard or crazy out of your head and go for it.

Bugs

Oh Mighty Wing

thank you for sharing! This is definitely the most "crazy" and "stupid" thing I've ever good. DH says it's good for me! LOL

Bugs

thank you for sharing! This is definitely the most "crazy" and "stupid" thing I've ever good. DH says it's good for me! LOL
                      You will be fine, you have youth on your side. You did the right thing to post to Team Blister.

Bugs

Oh Mighty Wing

You will be fine, you have youth on your side. You did the right thing to post to Team Blister.
                        i know... I love you guys!!!
                          What happened? Did I miss it? Did you get injured? I'm back on the roads. Not everyday, but more often than not lately...and working towards everyday again. I'm slowly getting my motivation back.
                          jeffdonahue

No idea what's going on with this conversation, unless I missed something. But tehn again, me being totally clueless is nothing new. Smile

Oh Mighty Wing

I've decided that not running the Monkey would cause me more regret than the pain I will suffer from running the Monkey unprepared...

Bugs

No idea what's going on with this conversation, unless I missed something. But tehn again, me being totally clueless is nothing new. Smile
                                Aren't woman annoying?
                                I sense my streak will come to an end this weekend
                                My lungs/cough are not well. If this gets worse we could maybe call a truse on streak and start over together, assuming my heart makes it that long.

Bugs