Beginners and Beyond MILES GAME

Team Corredores - December Delights (Read 262 times)

katiern

George, I hope the return run went better. I am currently in Disneyland. The foot is hurting but it's worth to have the fun with the family. Prolly won't be running again until next week sometime. I did however sign up for my next half. It will be the RnR Vegas again. I enjoyed it and look forward to it again!
    wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

While we dropped to third for the week, we hung on to our lead in the cumulative totals. Greg and John finished second and third individually with fignewton820 in tenth to give us three in the top ten for the week.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
            05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Between getting sick for a few days and an uncooperative work schedule, it's going to be touch and go to get to 1200 miles this year. I have 42.6 miles to go and 13 days left for running. Normally that wouldn't be a problem since I've been running about 30 mpw, but 8 hours of dealing with customers holiday shopping leaves me washed out and ready to collapse. Changing to go run in the dark is not appealing at that point. I think I'm losing my hardcore classification.

2024 Races:

05/11 - D3 50K

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

George, I don't envy anyone in customer service this time of year.

You will always be hard core in my book.

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

mrpink

Mr Pink present and accounted.

I've been outta touch the last few weeks. Miles have dipped due to a recurrence of ITB pain. Just taking a few easy weeks to let it settle back down and start ramping back up again. Lets hope I get it this time for good. No need to go on IR this time, I'll just enter 0's if I drop that low. 

If I don't come back before next week, have a Merry Christmas everyone! 

katiern

Sorry I've been gone guys. Work has been busy. Disney was great. Foot is finally feeling better. I think I'll go for a run either tomorrow or Friday. Excited for Christmas! Hope everyone has a great holiday!
              wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Finally getting around to updating our thread. Nice going team, another 2nd place for the week and sitting solidly in first for the 13-week period.  Thrre members in the top ten again, this week it was Greg, Roy, and fignewton820.

I put in some heavy mileage (for me) over the last few days so I'm pretty sure I will reach my goal of 1200 miles this year after all. I logged almost 21 miles from Thursday through Saturday which made up a lot of the mileage I missed earlier in the month.

2024 Races:

05/11 - D3 50K

Philliefan33

Hi everyone. We've been a quiet bunch lately. I guess everyone is busy with holiday stuff, but  judging by our miles we are still getting our runs done.

I have a little milestone to report. I ran my first 10k today. It was a small local race hosted by a running club-- $5 to run, no shirts and "popsicle stick" timing. I thought that under 1:10 was likely unless I had a bad day, and under 1:05 would be very good. I'm excited to report that I finished in 1:02.37!

The course was hilly, which made it hard for me to settle into an even pace. My splits line up with the terrain...slower on the climbs and much faster going downhill. My overall pace was about 10:20, with the slowest mile at 11:30 (all uphill) and my fastest at 9:17 (mostly downhill).   When I finished I felt like I still had something in the tank, so I guess i could've pushed a little harder.  But I was afraid of going out too hard and  slogging to the finish. All in all a good day.

My guests have started arriving. We'll have a full house for a few days.  Merry Christmas!

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

A few updates:

1) 4th for the week but still #1 for the 13-week cumulative totals

2) Fignewton820 and Greg made the top 10

3) Dian and Marvilosa had 50 or more miles just missing the top ten

4) Roy has gone on IR. He came down hard and has some soreness in his knee. See our RW Dec thread for details.

5) I pushed myself out the door into the cold weather enough that I made my 1200 miles yearly goal today with 3 days to spare. Considering I had only 306.7 at the end of April, I had some ground to make up. Assuming I get out at least once in the next 3 days, I'll have over 700 miles for the second half of the year. Last year's total was only 690.5 miles.

Hoping everyone has a happy and safe New Year. I've added my main goals for 2013 to my signature.

2024 Races:

05/11 - D3 50K

katiern

Margo, congrats on the 10K! That is awesome!! When is your half marathon?

George, nice work on the mileage! I have 3 more days to get in 10 miles to hit 400 for the year. I was hoping for more but with the stress fracture after my half it put a damper on my mileage this month. I'm hoping for 750 in 2013.

Nice work overall everyone! Keep it up!

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

Congratulations team!

George, I like how you put that it will be your "first" ultra marathon. In my world, that means that there will be future ones as well. Smile

Lori

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

Jen2011

Congrats on your 10K Philliefan!

Great job team on all the miles!  Here's to a great 2013!

Jen

Upcoming races:

Covenant Health Knoxville 5K 4/7/13 (and cheering on DH for his 1st Marathon!!)

Rock and Roll Chicago Half Marathon 7/21/13

Tower of Terror Ten Miler 10/5/13

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Final run of the year is in the log: 5.0 for the day, 122.6 for the month, and 1213.5 for the year. That's almost 712 miles for the last 6 months. If I can keep increasing that, 2013 should be a very good year. Now if I can just get some of my speed back. Wink

Lori - first doesn't always lead to second or susequent events. Let's see if I can walk to the car and drive home. Better yet will I be able to get out of the car after an all day drive?

2024 Races:

05/11 - D3 50K

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

George, someone will have to peel you out of your vehicle if my experience is indicative. After the Toad, I had no time to shower (I was caked with mud) yet I drove the 3 hours home. I pulled into a service rest station along the way and nearly had to crawl to the bathroom as I had stifffened up. I looked like roadkill with all the mud and yuck and the way I was walking. People gave me quite the look. LOL. I felt pretty badarsed. After NC24 I stayed in the hotel overnight else it would have been a similar experience minus the mud. I really did feel hardcore after those races.

So I was just looking over my running logs since I started keeping track back in 2007. I have run 1,500.3 miles in 2012 for a total of 310:19:18  which is almost 13 days or the equivalent of 12:25mm  and since 2007, a total of 9,099.8 mi  or 1849:59:38 which is roughly 77 days or 12:12mm.

Can you imagine how far I could have ran if I were fast? With those hours I could have ran like a billion miles. :O

Happy New Year team!!!!!!

Lori