Beginners and Beyond MILES GAME

Team Corredores - March 2013 (Read 13 times)

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

George -- I just saw that thread.  I didn't know you had a little bit of trouble-maker in you!  I wonder if anyone who doesn't "know" you will bother to check your log and see the 70,000+ mile base that you have?  Your situation is just a wee bit different than someone trying "couch to marathon" in 8-9 weeks.

Hee, hee, hee! Evil

I also wonder how many will look at the provisos about it being a training run in prep for a fall ultra, that it's part of a program under a competent coach, that it is NOT a goal race nor am I even trying for any particular time, just to cover the distance.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
          05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

mrpink

George - Definitely want to wish you the best of luck in your training. Kind of crazy thinking about a marathon as a training run.

Philliefan33 - Best of luck to you in your upcoming half.

I'm not sure where our "official" team thread is so I'll post here.

Update on me. I was given the "all clear" to start running again a couple weeks ago. So far I've found I have to hold myself back a bit because my runs are feeling really good. No races planned at this time; just running for general fitness and for my sanity. Feels so good to be back out there.

I have also been pursuing a workup on my left knee. I sustained some sort of injury during my half last fall. I thought it was ITBS, but I'm not really sure. Last week I had an x-ray of my left knee and they saw a possible effusion (water on the knee). There is no evidence of arthritis or anything like that.  It's not painful when running, and my doctor didn't see a problem with me running as long as there isn't any pain. I have an appointment with an ortho on April 19th to see if we can determine the underlying cause and possibly get rid of the fluid. I honestly don't know what to expect.

I think I'll just stay on the IR for now. At least until my ortho appt and I figure out what they recommend.

Hope you all have a Happy Easter! 

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Welcome to nosweat, are newest team member.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
              05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.