Beginners and Beyond MILES GAME

Team Corredorres - 2013 (Read 19 times)

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

In case anyone still reads this thread:

Quick update on my marathon: 5:47:51 - there were extenuating circumstances surrounding this race so I'm not really disappointed. More to follow when I write my RR, which may be as difficult as the race was.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
          05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Hi. You're not completely alone.  I just stumbled in.  Starting to train a little more seriously so nice to have some virtual running buddies to report in to.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Welcome granite_running! I wasn't sure whether you were hanging out here or on RW.

Finished my RR earlier today and finally got around to proofreading it.

Self-Transcendence Marathon RR

2024 Races:

05/11 - D3 50K

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

With the new scoring formula we finished 2nd this week with a 32.34 mile average. Greg and Dian finished 2nd and 8th in the individual standings.

2024 Races:

05/11 - D3 50K

Philliefan33

That's more like it!

Woohoo!

I was posting over on RW a little, but your link to the "other" team thread brought me over here, and I've stayed.  Smile

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

I post frequently on both sites. I've gotten pretty involved with the new forum on RW for people just starting out, The Starting Line. Jennifer Van Allen, the RW staff member moderating the forum is a friend.

2024 Races:

05/11 - D3 50K

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Miles Games results are crazy this week. Greg's 71.53 miles only gets him 10th on the individual list.

2024 Races:

05/11 - D3 50K

Miles Games results are crazy this week. Greg's 71.53 miles only gets him 10th on the individual list.

Eh, lots of people are racing.  They'll have big weeks, but they'll be followed by recovery weeks when we'll have a chance to catch up.  Smile

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

If it weren't for so many others also running NC24, My first 70+ mile week since about 1980 might be a candidate for top 10. Race report will follow but my official total should be 49.6 miles for 12 hours. I then ran an extra lap to finish the day with 50.5 miles.

2024 Races:

05/11 - D3 50K

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

RR for NC24 - 12 Hours of Running is now posted.

2024 Races:

05/11 - D3 50K

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Weekly results are out and we were 4th overall and Greg made the top 10 again. Despite running 72.9 miles last week I was not in the top 10. I was 12th and Dian (71.8 miles) was 14th. Four of the people in the top 10 ran the 24-hour race at NC24, hence the high totals.

2024 Races:

05/11 - D3 50K

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

I don't usually start planning the next year this early, but plans for 2014 look like they're going to be complicated. I posted a thread in the Beginners and Beyond Forum, Whence From Here, about some of my thoughts on where to take my training and racing. I'm committed to the Towpath 10K and plan to enter the Clearwater HM in January as soon as my cash flow issues are settled. If SS checks were delayed because of the SNAFU in Washington, I might have to dip into investments or savings. For some reason my insurance did not cover a big dental bill and I'm trying to get that resolved because that was a big, unexpected expense.

2024 Races:

05/11 - D3 50K

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

I ran a trail trial today. That is not redundant nor am I dyslexic. For the first time in a dozen years or more I ran on a real trail, not a groomed trail or rails to trail. This was honest to goodness single track hiking trail in a local state park. It was supposed to be an easy run just to reintroduce me to trails. Despite my average pace of 14:17, it was not easy. Some of the hills must have been close to 40% grade. It felt like trying to run up stairs or worse. After two falls, several nearly twisted ankles, almost half a dozen stubbed toes, a little blood, and getting lost twice, I finally found my way back to my car with the help of another runner I saw on the trails. This could be fun once I get used to it.

2024 Races:

05/11 - D3 50K

I ran a trail trial today. That is not redundant nor am I dyslexic. For the first time in a dozen years or more I ran on a real trail, not a groomed trail or rails to trail. This was honest to goodness single track hiking trail in a local state park. It was supposed to be an easy run just to reintroduce me to trails. Despite my average pace of 14:17, it was not easy. Some of the hills must have been close to 40% grade. It felt like trying to run up stairs or worse. After two falls, several nearly twisted ankles, almost half a dozen stubbed toes, a little blood, and getting lost twice, I finally found my way back to my car with the help of another runner I saw on the trails. This could be fun once I get used to it.

Trails Rock!  And by that I mean, "Don't trip on that rock!"  Big grin

Doh!  I just realized I never posted my miles this week.