Beginners and Beyond MILES GAME

Team Corredorres - 2013 (Read 19 times)

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Trails Rock!  And by that I mean, "Don't trip on that rock!"  Big grin

Doh!  I just realized I never posted my miles this week.

Too late now, results have already been posted. That ended the 13-week period, so this week starts a fresh 13-weeks through the end of the year.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
          05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Slow month! We're 3 weeks into the last quarter of the year and currently in 4th as a team. John (pygzilla) made the top 10 (10th). Greg (hipfan) is currently injured. Dian (guest2634) is running The Equalizer 24-hour Race this weekend. I'm currently at 24 days for a running streak. The only days off since North Coast 24 12-Hr Run were the day after and Sep 30th. Beginning Oct 1st I haven't missed a day. Not sure how long that will last since it's more a whim than a plan or commitment.

I'm in the process of sketching out my 2014 racing plans. So far the only definite choices are Clearwater, FL HM on Jan. 19th, North Coast 24 in Sep., and if I get my entry in on time, Ice Age 50K in May. I'm open to suggestions. Other races I'm considering are:

Jackpot Ultra Series in Las Vegas Feb 15-16 (FE with Katrina possible) - 6/12/24 hour options and 100M

Land Between the Lakes Races, KY - 23K, marathon, 50K options

Niagara on the Lake Races, ON - 10K, HM, marathon, 50K options

And I'm looking for something in November after NC24.

2024 Races:

05/11 - D3 50K

That is one challenging schedule WC!

Here's what I've got so far - all races within 5 miles of home:

March - 5M road

April 5.6M road and 4.5M trail

July 5.6M road race

October 5K trail and 5K road

November 5K road

My next goal, assuming I meet the current one in the next couple months (maybe tomorrow!), will be a sub 60 10K, so I need to find one in May to make my goal attempt before it gets too hot.  I've decided that, other than the one local race, I'm not doing anything but trail races June - September.  Not sure what those will be yet.

Fall goal race depends on whether I met my 10K goal in May.  Basically, I'm using pace as a proxy for weight.  If I can run a 60 minute 10K, I'll almost certainly have lost enough weight to safely increase to 13.1 training mileage.  So I might still be working on that next fall, or I might be going for a half in October or November.  Only time will tell...

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Registration for NC24 opened today. I'm in for the 24-hour for 2014. A good thing I was planning that anyway because they aren't having the 12-hour. It will also be the 24-hour national championships so I'll be running with the big boys and girls. I also decided to register for the Jackpot Ultra Series 12-hour. It's in Las Vegas and I've never been there. The Grand Canyon and Zion NP aren't too far either and I've never visited either of them. That means Land Between the Lakes is off the list.

2024 Races:

05/11 - D3 50K

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Some good news for the team tempered was some not as good news:

The not as good news - my mileage is way down this week, about half of last week

The good news - I rocked my 5K on a flat, fast course, 26:50 good for 107th of 237 overall and 2nd of 5 in the 60 and up AG, my fastest time in over 3 years.

ETA: When results were posted on-line it showed 280 finishers, not 237 as had been posted immediately after the race.

2024 Races:

05/11 - D3 50K

Some good news for the team tempered was some not as good news:

The not as good news - my mileage is way down this week, about half of last week

The good news - I rocked my 5K on a flat, fast course, 26:50 good for 107th of 237 overall and 2nd of 5 in the 60 and up AG, my fastest time in over 3 years.

Fantastic!

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

A Happy Thanksgiving to the team! I've much to be thankful for this year and my extended running family is high on that list.

2024 Races:

05/11 - D3 50K

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

The Turkey Trots should be over and the Jingle Bell Jogs beginning. I've just got home from work and it is officially Sunday, December 1st. Time to wrap up the year and start thinking ahead to next year for races and goals if you haven't already. Very uncharacteristically I've already signed up for 3 and will add a 4th as soon as registration opens in 2 weeks. Even more unusual is that the 4 races are 3 ultras and a HM - and I haven't finished deciding on my full race schedule yet.

2024 Races:

05/11 - D3 50K

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Registration for the Ice Age Trail (IAT) began at noon, CST, yesterday, so I waited  to run until after I got my registration in. By the time I got back from my run, not only was the 50K which I registered for full, so were the 50M and the HM. All three races filled in less than 4 hours. Some of the more popular ultras are as hard to get into as the mega-marathons. A number of the more in demand ultras already have lotteries, like Western States and Hardrock. I should finally get to meet MadisonMandy and RoxieRuns there. Roxie is also running the 50K and Mandy has said she will either crew for us or volunteer at the race.

2024 Races:

05/11 - D3 50K