Beginners and Beyond MILES GAME

Team Corredores - December Delights (Read 262 times)

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Our first team thread on the "new" platform here at RA. I intend to keep the RW threads going as long as needed, but I'm hoping everyone will be willing to migrate over here.

Link to RW Dec team thread.

For those already here, considering the structure of this site, keeping just the one team thread and having it grow seems more suitable, though that may eventually get bulky and hard to find prior posts. Do at least go back to RW to read Roy's last post in the Nov thread. There's a link to the thread in the Dec post.

ETA: After rethinking this and seeing that other team thread, I think we'll keep the same format of monthly threads here.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
          05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

2024 Races:

05/11 - D3 50K

katiern

George, I tried to post over at RW but it is acting up and not letting post from my phone. Sigh. I had hoped they had fixed it. I'd been able to read posts on my phone and the spam was reduced. I'm disappointed. It's kinda difficult to read posts here on my phone as well. Not as difficult as RW had been but still... Anyways, I just want to say how much I LOVE this team. I always feel like a lurker but I love reading all the posts. Just like Phillie, I have been inspired by all of you and to have her mention me, made me feel...part of the team and not just a lurker! I'm sad to see us split. I have my first half tomorrow, RnR Las Vegas. I made sure not to eat or drink anything at the expo as they think that's what caused the sickness last year. I am vacillating between excited and scared crapless about it! My last month of training has not been what it should have been. I know I can cover the distance but its not gonna be in my original goal time. That's okay though. I will set a PR no matter what and will have a goal to beat.
        wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

katie, glad you found your way here. Relax about tomorrow. (Easier said than done.) Don't worry about keeping a particular goal pace. Run it by how you feel. It will probably be crowded enough at the start that you'll need to just flow with the crowd anyway. As experienced as I am, and I usually have a specific time in mind before the race, once the gun goes off I race strictly by how I feel that day under race day conditions. Sometimes that's slower than planned, once in a great while faster than planned. As long as I feel like I gave a good effort, I'm satisfied even if the time is a disappointment.

2024 Races:

05/11 - D3 50K

katiern

Thanks George! I am trying not to think about the fact that I'm running 13.1 miles tomorrow. I keep telling myself its 2 5 mile runs with a 5K thrown in for good measure. It seems less daunting that way for some reason. I'm not too worried about going out too fast. I'm in corral 5 (luckily, I got to move up from 17) and will be with my running friend. I'm sure he will beat me but I'll be proud of the fact that I did it! I'm in excited mode right now!
            wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Be sure to post an RR in the B & B user group. I hope the race goes well, or maybe by this time I should say went well. I had that same apprehension about being able to run the entire distance in my first marathon. Odd that it wasn't a concern to be in my first 12-mile race even though I'd only run as far as 10 once before it.

2024 Races:

05/11 - D3 50K

bulfrog

Mr Slowly

Hi All, 

Like I said over on the RW thread, I've been a member of RA for almost 2 years for the training logs here. Just checking into this thread as well. 

Hope your half mary went well katie! 

Ironman, why be slow in 1 sport when you can be slow in 3

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

So far I've seen

BerthaSlayer

bulfrog

hipfan

katiern

Philliefan33

Runshortii2008

and me

on RA. Have I missed anyone that has started posting over here?

2024 Races:

05/11 - D3 50K

Jen2011

I'm here now as well, though I just lurk in the team thread.  You are all such amazing runners, I don't feel quite worthy of posting much.  Smile

Jen

Upcoming races:

Covenant Health Knoxville 5K 4/7/13 (and cheering on DH for his 1st Marathon!!)

Rock and Roll Chicago Half Marathon 7/21/13

Tower of Terror Ten Miler 10/5/13

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

I'm here now as well, though I just lurk in the team thread.  You are all such amazing runners, I don't feel quite worthy of posting much.  Smile

Don't be hesitant to post. It's exciting and gratifying to see new runners improving and share their joy. We may also be able to offer advice and can certainly offer encouragement. 

2024 Races:

05/11 - D3 50K

katiern

I got on my computer and posted over on RWOL. Final time was 2:26Tight lippedx. Beat the 2:30 I said I'd be happy with. Little sore today but overall fine.
                        wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

That's great beating your goal by so much. Often the greatest soreness hits on the second day after. I think an active recovery helps, e.g. brisk walking and/or jogging and easy running. Nothing to make you tired but enough to loosen up stiff, sore muscles and get the blood flowing.

2024 Races:

05/11 - D3 50K

katiern

Yeah figured I would get out for a S-L-O-W 2-3 tomorrow. We will see how I feel!
                            Jen2011

Thank you George for the encouragement to post!

Katie, congratulations ona your first half!  

Jen

Upcoming races:

Covenant Health Knoxville 5K 4/7/13 (and cheering on DH for his 1st Marathon!!)

Rock and Roll Chicago Half Marathon 7/21/13

Tower of Terror Ten Miler 10/5/13

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

I just realized there is a thread here for Corredores. I hope everyone comes over here but I don't mind dual posting for Roy and Dian and any other holdouts. It is so quiet over there now. I feel bad for new posters because I don't really have the expertise to give them advice. And I worry about how we can recruit new game members. I do NOT miss the meltdowns and hope B&B doesn't revert to that. Anyway, I'm still in cutback mode. And I DON'T like it. I miss my miles even if they were slow. And I'm getting fatter. Ugh. But I promised DH I would cutback. Oh the things we do for love. Smile

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**