Beginners and Beyond MILES GAME

Team HAPPY FEET December 2012 (Read 279 times)

Madcow75

Susan, your breadcrumbs were fine.  I found this site a while ago, just overlooked the part where there was a separate group for the miles game.  I've lurked over on the Beginners and Beyond for a while now.  It's just been a rough few weeks with the job, but things are looking better now, so I'll be not so negative for now on. Big grin

Anywhoo, ran 6.5 this morning.  Chilly at 18 degrees.  Trying to get back to the 30-40 mpw range, but am struggling to get beyond the 20s.  Anyone have any motivational secrets?

I'm enjoying all the fallout with the Wisconsin Badgers coach leaving.  Brings a smile to my face.  I still wish Badger was here to get his take on it.

aplodder

Susan

Susan, your breadcrumbs were fine.  I found this site a while ago, just overlooked the part where there was a separate group for the miles game.  I've lurked over on the Beginners and Beyond for a while now.  It's just been a rough few weeks with the job, but things are looking better now, so I'll be not so negative for now on. Big grin

Anywhoo, ran 6.5 this morning.  Chilly at 18 degrees.  Trying to get back to the 30-40 mpw range, but am struggling to get beyond the 20s.  Anyone have any motivational secrets?

I'm enjoying all the fallout with the Wisconsin Badgers coach leaving.  Brings a smile to my face.  I still wish Badger was here to get his take on it.

Maybe he'll make an appearance eventually.  Badger, Badger, Badger.......(Well, it worked for Beetlejuice.  Thought it might be worth a try.)

Duke of the Internet

Maybe he'll make an appearance eventually.  Badger, Badger, Badger.......(Well, it worked for Beetlejuice.  Thought it might be worth a try.)

I received your page Ms. Plodder.  In order to keep the riff raft (namely jokers like me) out of your forum, I can reached at a new address.  We welcome all to our little club. 

Peace,

Badger

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/WCR/

SheCan

Cindy, I'm sorry work was so darned busy for you.  

Adam, you're invited to live in a bubble, too!  You ever read Hitchhikers Guild to the Galaxy series?  Douglas Adams describes a SEP field that makes serious issues around you invisible.  Just put this SEP Field (Someone Else's Problem) around everyone but yourself.  ;-)  Now if only you could put this around your own shin.  Sure hope it starts feeling better soon.

Susan, glad you had a nice warm December run!  Don't blame you for not liking to do your long runs on the treadmill.  I personally don't see how people can do that run after run.  I hope Santa knows that you want a new work computer.  

Mike Brrrrr@ that run!  No motivation secrets here, especially when it's that cold.  Have you ever tried running with a partner?

Well, I had a easy 6 mile run today, with a few strides.  The pinky toe is still blistered so I greased it and the toe beside it with body glide before I ran.   It didn't hurt while I ran, and didn't look any worse when I got back.  I guess that's a good sign!  

And HI stranger Badger!

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson

aplodder

Susan

I received your page Ms. Plodder.  In order to keep the riff raft (namely jokers like me) out of your forum, I can reached at a new address.  We welcome all to our little club. 

Peace,

Badger

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/WCR/

Darn-I was hoping for an engraved invitation to the LandO group.  Chicago?!  I do know a couple of Happy Feeters who will probably be interested though. And you are welcome on this forum anytime, but you know that. 

Cherie, I nearly froze outside today.  It was warm when I started out in my long sleeved shirt and shorts.  By the end of my run, a cold wind was blowing, and I couldn't feel my fingers.  Glad your blister is doing better.  They can really mess with one's running. 

Madcow75

Absolutely!  Bring back the Badger!!

aplodder

Susan

Working on it.  As soon as there's an open spot...

TWHgal

Wannabe runner

Good morning everyone!  Glad you found the place Mike.

Cherie- Sounds like your getting some good runs in.  Hope the blistered toe heals soon

Susan- of course another vote here to bring back the Badger!

Maybe we need to do the beetlejuice thing for Chris....  Wallmurr, Wallmurr, Wallmurr.... 

It's really sad, I didn't want to stop running this morning because I knew I would have to get ready to go to work.  This weekend cannot come soon enough!!   Big grin 

Cindy 

SheCan

Morning Susan, Cindy!

Brrrr...sorry about the cold Susan.   I guess the treadmill is almost a necessity in some climates.  I've succumbed to it myself when it was too hot, though I sure didn't like it!  

Cindy, runs like that where you don't want to stop are the very best!   Too bad it wasn't your day off today.  

I was getting some decent runs in, but have decided to take it easy the rest of the week.  I got 4 easy miles today, and then walked a bit, so I didn't feel like too much of a slouch.  Gotta remind myself that light and rest days are a good thing.   And I got my tee-shirt in that Rob air brushed!  It's beautiful!  Can't wait to show it off.  Big grin

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson

Trail Dog

Amanda, yay@ your mom coming to visit!  Hope you have a great time!   How long have you been in Chicago anyway?

August 20th was my first full day as a Chicagoan!

aplodder

Susan

Happy Monday morning, Feeters!

Amanda, I have been seeing a lot of news about snow storms out that direction.  Is there much in Chicago? 

Cindy, I hope you had a nice weekend.  Sorry it was so ugly and rainy here in PA. 

Cherie, how was your half?  I hope you had a great time at the race. 

I'm having an easy morning playing on the internet.  Hoping to run a few miles this afternoon.  It's been an ugly weekend weatherwise, not to mention Steelerwise here.  Black is still being worn, and there are discussions of the beard (DH's that he's been growing since Steeler lineman Brett Keisel started growing his in the summer) being shaved.  

Madcow75

Susan, the snow kinda ruined my run yesterday up in Madison.  It started in the morning and didn't stop until late afternoon.  We only got about 3 inches, but it was slippery out and then it got warmer and turned real heavy and slushy.  It was a mess.  So, long story short, no long run for me yesterday.  We had it easy though as I heard north and west of us they had around a foot of snow.

aplodder

Susan

Sorry to hear your run was snowed out, Mike.  I don't blame you though.  Slush is miserable stuff to run in.

SheCan

Black is still being worn, and there are discussions of the beard (DH's that he's been growing since Steeler lineman Brett Keisel started growing his in the summer) being shaved.  

Susan, your DH sounds like such a fun person!   I couldn't help but giggle at this remembering him doing the same thing last year.  

Amanda, I hope you don't freeze this winter!  I swear it takes a full year to become acclimatized to the cold after being in a warm climate.

Mike the slush sounds awful. Yuck!  Hopefully you can get some longer runs in some time this week.  

My HM was a fun race, and I got a PR of 2:02 out of it.  I wrote a short report on FB for those who haven't seen it.  Then after the race,  me and DH went and pigged out at Mimi's Cafe.  I swear part of the reason I run is to keep my weight under control, but boy, what I need to do is learn to keep my eating under control!  Today is a rest, play on computer day I guess!  Take care all.

Cherie

aplodder

Susan

Cherie, he's a trip, for sure.  He seemed to enjoy being a Keisel lookalike at the game yesterday.  He said people did a lot of double takes.  He had on his Keisel jersey.  Silly man.  After watching the team play though, I think he lost hopes for the play-offs.  He didn't shave it off completely, but the beard has been drastically shortened. 

I know what you mean about running for weight control.  I like to eat too.  If I didn't run, I'd probably weigh 200 lbs.