Beginners and Beyond MILES GAME

Phoenix Rising Call to Arms umm I mean shoes (Read 13 times)

Team we have made tremendous progress.  All of the way from the bottom to a 4th place this week.  Awesome work but we can do better.

Every little bit helps!  This week lets see if we can take it to the top and knock off some of these all star teams.  I ran a half marathon on Sunday but I plan to put my 10 miles into today for the team.  Everything hurts (Quads, Ankle, Hamstrings).  I'm going to be running so slow today for my second run that turtles are going to be passing me if they come indoors to get out of the rain we have.   The old people are going to be laughing or taunting me as they pass me.  Those old people can be mean.

Anyway, what do you say Phoenix Rising?

TeamMilesPoints
    Happy Feet 620.86 13
    4midable 590.44 12
    M.R.T. 543.66 11
    Phoenix Rising 527.85 10
    Corredores 470.01 9
    Luckylegs 447.13 8
    Hillkillers 440.98 7
    Kickin' Asphalt 440.37 6
    Free Agents 397.16 5
    Pavement Pounders 396.03 4
    Margaritaville Miles 393.79 3
    Triple Digits 350.63 2
    Sole Train 345.41 1
    Total Miles 5964.32  

2014 Goals: (Yeah I suck)

• Sub 22  5K
    • Sub 1:35 1/2 marathon 
    • Sub 3:25:00 Marathon
    aplodder

Susan

I'll do what I can, BCR.  It probably won't be much this week though. I PR'ed in my half yesterday.  Everything hurts here too, including a pinched nerve in my shoulder.  Oddly, it doesn't hurt when I run, but it was miserable during the almost seven hour drive from Virgina Beach today. The drive didn't help my leg stiffness either.  Will try to get in some miles the rest of the week though.

How was your half?  Is there a race report somewhere?

No race report but I did PR by like 6 seconds with a 1:29:52.  It is a very hilly half marathon and I don't run the half very often or honestly very well.   Happy with the result.

Awesome job with the new PR for you.  Feels good right?  Did you like Virgina Beach?  7 hours is a long drive.  Did that once after bayshore and it was not very much fun.  Amazing how much a half can beat you up.  Both Quads, hamstrings and this new behind the foot injury hurt.   Oh well pain is just weakness leaving the body so I am having lots of weakness leave my body right now :-)

I think we might want to change Phoenix Rising to be "Team AplodderBCR and a bunch of people who just post mileage on a weekly basis".

• Sub 22  5K

Wandering Wally

Still in the midst of aerobic base building/maintenance until tax season is over.  Glad to see we're doing better.

Run!  Just Run!

Trail Runner Nation Podcast

aplodder

Susan

No race report but I did PR by like 6 seconds with a 1:29:52.  It is a very hilly half marathon and I don't run the half very often or honestly very well.   Happy with the result.

Awesome job with the new PR for you.  Feels good right?  Did you like Virgina Beach?  7 hours is a long drive.  Did that once after bayshore and it was not very much fun.  Amazing how much a half can beat you up.  Both Quads, hamstrings and this new behind the foot injury hurt.   Oh well pain is just weakness leaving the body so I am having lots of weakness leave my body right now :-)

I think we might want to change Phoenix Rising to be "Team AplodderBCR and a bunch of people who just post mileage on a weekly basis".

Nah-there are a few more who participate when they have time, at least from what I've seen.  Hi, mjsmith!  I am just building base at the moment as well.  I was looking at some of the miles posted.  PR has some strong runners.  Nice job, everyone!

BCR-That's a fast half!  Congratulations on the PR!

VA Beach was okay.  We found good restaurants.  The weather was windy/rainy/chilly.  The course was flat as flat could be though.  My muscles are used to PA hills.  My legs are still feeling a little beat up from the lack of variety.  Take care of that behind the foot injury.  Hopefully it's just from running hard and not the start of anything serious.

Wandering Wally

In my 2+ years as a member of Phoenix Rising it has been my experience that we aren't as chatty as some of the other teams.  When we are all healthy we can kick butt and take names though.

aplodder - Congrats on the new PR!

BCR - Congrats on your new PR as well!

I'll be running in a race in May, but not really racing.  I promised a friend I would pace him to a sub 3:00 25K.  For me it will just be a nice 15.5 mile long run with friends and I get a shirt out of the deal.

Run!  Just Run!

Trail Runner Nation Podcast

In my 2+ years as a member of Phoenix Rising it has been my experience that we aren't as chatty as some of the other teams.  When we are all healthy we can kick butt and take names though.

aplodder - Congrats on the new PR!

BCR - Congrats on your new PR as well!

I'll be running in a race in May, but not really racing.  I promised a friend I would pace him to a sub 3:00 25K.  For me it will just be a nice 15.5 mile long run with friends and I get a shirt out of the deal.

Thanks.  Glad to see another person chatting around.  I was starting to think this was just a team of two here.

How many people on our little team are hurt right now?  Injuries suck.

• Sub 22  5K
                aplodder

Susan

Add me to the injured list, BCR.  My nerve is still pinched.  I finally broke down and went to the chiropractor yesterday.  He said to take a few more days off from running.  I see him again tomorrow night.  Apologies to the team for the 0 I'll probably be posting this week.  I hope to be out on the trails as soon as possible.

How's your foot doing?

aplodder

Susan

Just wanted to congratulate ImaRunnah for making the top 10 this week.  It was a decent week for PR.  We came in 5th.  Nice running, everyone.

Add me to the injured list, BCR.  My nerve is still pinched.  I finally broke down and went to the chiropractor yesterday.  He said to take a few more days off from running.  I see him again tomorrow night.  Apologies to the team for the 0 I'll probably be posting this week.  I hope to be out on the trails as soon as possible.

How's your foot doing?

Foot still hurts and two days off didn't help.  So I'm just going to run through it like all of the others.

Sorry about your injury.  I was wondering what was going on when I saw your 0 since you are one of our strongest runners.  Any good news maybe????

• Sub 22  5K
                      aplodder

Susan

Unfortunately no good news.  I have been able to walk on the TM, but when I try to run, every step causes stabbing pain. It's been almost two weeks now.  I am hoping it will get better soon.  Even sleeping is an adventure these days.

Sorry you're still hurting too, BCR.  Any idea what's causing the pain?  If it's PF or something like that, it might be better not to run on it.

aplodder

Susan

Hey, guys, I am going to drop from the team.  I was hoping this nerve would heal in a week or two, but it's looking like it could be more like 6.  My dropping will give you another open spot and hopefully an able-bodied runner when Bob makes the substitutions this week.  I'll probably stop back into the thread and say hello periodically.  Thanks for having me on your team for a couple of months.

BexKix, Bagel Defender

Hey, guys, I am going to drop from the team.  I was hoping this nerve would heal in a week or two, but it's looking like it could be more like 6.  My dropping will give you another open spot and hopefully an able-bodied runner when Bob makes the substitutions this week.  I'll probably stop back into the thread and say hello periodically.  Thanks for having me on your team for a couple of months.

Heal up quickly, Friend.  You're welcome to come through any time.

aplodder

Susan

Heal up quickly, Friend.  You're welcome to come through any time.

Thank you, Becky!

Just stopped by to congratulate you all.  2nd place is the highest I've seen PR.  Way to go, everyone!  Congrat's to BCR on making the top 10.  Nice week!

Why don't you just go on injured reserve?

• Sub 22  5K