Beginners and Beyond MILES GAME

Team 4midable - December check-in (Read 223 times)

bobinpittsburgh

Lord of the Manor

Hi 4midables!  I'm still hanging around mostly at RWOL (this is my first-ever post on RunningAhead).  I will get my avitar picture posted over here sometime soon, and might even add a signature line.

Things seem to be working okay over at RWOL right now, but I have a sense that many of the people who left during the spam and upgrade problems are gone from RWOL for good.  Chermoni asked me the other day whether we had a Facebook page.  We don't have one, but we could, if that's what people want.  

Please weigh in on where you would like us to conduct our team discussions: on RWOL, on RunningAhead, on Facebook, or somewhere else?  A local tavern is probably not a winning option, as we are spread over a pretty wide area.  We can probably keep things going in multiple locations if we need to.  I'd rather keep it to two locations rather than three or four, if that's possible.

Hope your running is going well.  I'm gradually getting over a cold.  That kept me from running for most of last week, but things are getting back close to normal.

If I could make a wish I think I'd pass

lagrandegazelle

hi Bob! Sorry to hear about your cold. I'm also recovering from one... I blame my students who keep sneezing on their exams before handing them to me... I'd prefer to post here or on facebook, as rwol is extra slow to load on my phone (my usual way of surfing the forums). At the same time, even if I post my miles religiously, I'm not much of a poster in forums, mostly a lurker, so even if you only stay on RWOL, it won't really be a problem. Edith

Hi Bob, glad you made it over.

Hope you get over that cold soon enough; I do stop over RWOL occasionally, I'm mainly on RA, would prefer that but whichever the team decides on is OK by me,  I post my miles pretty religiously anyway.

I'm on Facebook so that wouldn't be a problem either.

Zelanie

Hi Bob,

I am done with RWOL for the foreseeable future.  It's not just the spam, something over there was lagging and sometimes crashing my browser as well.  So I would prefer a check in on facebook or RA.  If there's no momentum from others, though, I can always just keep posting miles and then head over there to find the thread if I need to check in.

Thanks for posting and hope you're feeling better soon!

bobinpittsburgh

Lord of the Manor

I've got no problem keeping twin threads going, Zel.  The only downside to that is that any RWOL-only people will never interact with the RA-only people, and vice versa.  

I've got no problem keeping twin threads going, Zel.  The only downside to that is that any RWOL-only people will never interact with the RA-only people, and vice versa.  

I see you're point, and agree. Wonder if FB would be the better option then.

bobinpittsburgh

Lord of the Manor

We got a new runner assigned yesterday: jedigunnie26.2.  And I don't know if you looked at yesterday's results thread, but we came in at #2, which is our highest position in a long time.  Way to go,l Team 4midable.  And welcome aboard to jedigunnie26.2,   Stop in and say hello.  And I'm not sure we've heard from our other recent add, jjchouinard.  Welcome to the team!

Gunnie26.2

#dowork

Hi! Just popping in to say hello. Still getting familiar how game works. I used to post a lot on RWOL mainly in 330 thread and MCM forums, but left RWOl for good and exclusively on RA. RA or FB be my preference for a team thread. How do points work? Not sure I understand that part yet. Like the game concept of it though as I am a competitve person by nature.

A little about me. I've been running for 3yrs and just completed my 5th marathon in 3:47 for a PR. Goal was 3:30 but dealt with blisters in new shoes not broken in enough come race day. No marathon again until fall'13 most likely Philly. Spending spring working on my speed with 2 HMs in March & May. My base mileage is 55-60 year round. A bit higher if in the throws of marathon training.

PR's - 5K - 20:15 (2013) | 10K - 45:14 (2011)  | 13.1 - 1:34:40 (2013)  | 26.2 - 3:40:40 (2014)

Up Next:

???

bobinpittsburgh

Lord of the Manor

Hi Billy - and welcome aboard.  The points are awarded each week based on team standings.  There are 13 teams, and I think the #1 team gets 13 points for the week, the #13 team gets one point, and you can guess how the points get assigned in between.  The game resets every three months (more or less), so the total points are whatever the team has accumulated since the last reset.  Miles Game is generally a pretty laid-back competition.  Also - one thing that distinguished the Miles Game from the 2012in2012 is that while we like to get 100% posting, there is no 10% bonus in this game like there is in the 2012in2012.

I'm still on RWOL.  For the time being I'll keep a team thread going over there, and another team thread going over here.  The only down side to that is that people who are on RA-only will never interact with the people who are RWOL-only.  Although frankly, since the recent exodus things are pretty quiet over there.  I'm probably not going to start a Facebook group, since I figure two team threads should be enough.

I like half marathons, and for where I am now, finishing one in under two hours makes it a happy day for me.  My next race is the Pittsburgh half in early May of 2013.  

bobinpittsburgh

Lord of the Manor

Hey 4midables!  I think I've been on this team for about two years, and this is the first time I can recall this.  Results for the week were just posted, and WE CAME IN AT #1 FOR THE WEEK!  WAY TO GO 4midables!  cheers

lagrandegazelle

Congratulations to all of us!

That's great Bob! i had low mileage also due to work, flu and now Xmas stuff.  

ry8564

Hey 4midables!  I think I've been on this team for about two years, and this is the first time I can recall this.  Results for the week were just posted, and WE CAME IN AT #1 FOR THE WEEK!  WAY TO GO 4midables!  cheers

We're #1! We're #1! That's so awesome!

Anonymous Guest

Way to go, us!!

Welcome jedigunnie!

I'm finally getting my mileage back up consistently in the 40s. Marathon training starts at the beginning of the year. Still not sure on a training plan - I really want to try Hansons, but I've got a few races scheduled during training (including two 50ks as training runs for a 40 miler), so that doesn't really mesh with the Hanson philosophy.

karen

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel