Beginners and Beyond MILES GAME

Team MRT (Read 355 times)

Not quite right

28.9 miles for the week. That is a new PR for weekly mileage. Hoping to hit 30 this week and maintain till I start my next training at end of Jan for 2 May HM's . Legs a little sore in the good way sore. Right shin little sore too about like legs. I am sure the increase in mileage is the main cause and fact I really got a full week of running in for the first time in 3 weeks. Smile

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

Good job CSpirkRun, make sure you are taking precautions when adding mileage.
      lsp

Lump Off

Hi Team- Just stopping by to say hi. I made the mistake of checking out BFandBeyond. Oh my goodness! So now I'm here for a sanity check. I'm on the run 3 miles or so plan this week. It's sort of funny to struggle with 3 miles when just a couple months ago I did 7-10 without even thinking about it. By next week, I plan to move up a bit and be on a good shedule for the start of 2013.

Run Long, and Prosper!

3 miles on Tuesday wasn't as successful as I was hoping for, seeing the ortho today. I've got Disney next month, hope I can get this issue resolved soon.

Superbunny - good to see you again!

"Leave all the afternoon for exercise and recreation, which are as necessary as reading. I will rather say more necessary because health is worth more than learning."

- Thomas Jefferson

not lazy, just tired

Hi All.

So far I've run 9 miles this week (6.5 on Monday, 2.5 boring treadmill miles Tuesday) and skied yesterday and will ski today. I plan to run tomorrow and Saturday if all goes well. My legs have been a bit tired and a touch sore, probably from adding skiing into the mix.

Not if it makes sense.

lsp

Lump Off

Yay! Team members. I was afraid you all had gone off to yet another location while I was busy slacking. And then I was going to need to track you down yet again...

JoeinR - didn't you have another name and then changed it? I can't remember who you were before but I lived in Chapel Hill with the weirdos for many years (I've probably mentioned that already). That area has crazy grown; I was just back this past spring after 10 years away. Madness.

I think skiing probably counts as some serious cross training SLD. I'd take that any day. You must live close to the slopes? I have to travel to go skiing; we hardly see snow here in the winter.

csprikrun - did you recently join the team? did I forget to say welcome. Welcome, we are all discombobulated from the move to RA from RW. And then I got sick and stopped running for 6 weeks - bleh.

BTW, I've checked over at RW a couple of times and each time there had been a recent spam attack. I would have thought that would get under control by now with the software switch.

Running has been going okay this week. I'm at least moving in the proper direction at this point, rather slowly. I'm eyeing a trail race in March so need to get going if I'm going to make it.

lsp

Lump Off

Hey team - should we do goals for 2013?

not lazy, just tired

Superbunny, glad you're feeling better and are back to running! We have a house in Vermont (home is Connecticut). Now that DH is retired we've become ski bums - up in VT skiing during the week and back home on weekends.

I was planning to run today, but my body is feeling a bit tired out so I think I'll take a rest day and run tomorrow. Besides it's pouring rain out right now.

Not if it makes sense.

Not quite right

New to the team and posting here and RW . Spent last 6 months reading RW forum when the new board hit started posting more . Moved over here with the group as the new board is not that great all though the spam seems to have been put under wraps for most part. 

Taking Sly's advice back off little took rest day Wednesday and plan to rest tonight. My left shin is little more sore than I like atm so rest day and will do some stretching and lower leg work today ice it and see how it feels Saturday. Not nearly as bad as they were in the summer . After the holidays going to stick to a better diet and drop few more pounds . Which should also help could use to trim about 5 to 10 pounds but it can be hard for me as I love junk food and beer. 

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

CSpirk especially in the holiday season!  I am usually really strict on my diet but I have already dabbled in the treat basket.

2013 goals?  No injuries and increase race performances across the board!

Not quite right

Sly those are my goals mainly . 

Get past the shin soreness establish a solid foundation running with some weight training core work, stay healthy , drop 10 pounds, and set couple new PR's. If the health stays in line everything else will follow . 

As far as treats our customers drop a new basket off every day it seems I figure as long as I am not gaining I am good. Maintain through the holidays they stick hard core to a diet plan. 

Run Long, and Prosper!

JoeinR - didn't you have another name and then changed it? I can't remember who you were before but I lived in Chapel Hill with the weirdos for many years (I've probably mentioned that already). That area has crazy grown; I was just back this past spring after 10 years away. Madness.

sb: yes, aka jgeigle in RWOL

"Leave all the afternoon for exercise and recreation, which are as necessary as reading. I will rather say more necessary because health is worth more than learning."

- Thomas Jefferson

Gustav1

Fear is a Liar

Hello to all team members both new and old!

For 2013 goals:

1) to run again

2) to stay injury free

3) to achieve my 5K goal pace time 

4) run some 10K's

I'm so vegetarian I don't even eat animal crackers!

lsp

Lump Off

I guess I need to add my 2013 goals. We seem to all be sharing many goals...

-Run every day. I find that I do better with running as a daily scheduled activity so there it is

-Try to maintain about 40 miles a week.  That seems to be good level for me.

-And of course, stay healthy and injury free (so I have to take my allergy medicines every day-bleh) 

Slymoon, did you post your race report? 

Lanie811

Run Lanie, Run!

2013 goals??? Hmmm...I have several races lined up for the spring, I'm hoping to be able to actually run the one in April (the others will still be a walk/run)...after that...I want to run! Being as injury prone as I am, I had hoped to be able to run or run/walk a marathon next fall...am re-thinking that at this point and just run to build up my endurance and speed. I'm going to see how the spring races go for me before actually deciding once and for all though. I want my first marathon to be one that's really cool, like MCM!

Have not run at all this week due to a tight hammie and ITBS...it doesn't help that I sleep on the same side either :-( Have been to the chiro 2x this week and ma taped up pretty well. Hope to be able to get out for some amount tomorrow morning. Fingers crossed!