Beginners and Beyond MILES GAME

TEAM CHANGES THREAD (Updates By Bob in Pittsburgh) (Read 405 times)

aplodder

Susan

The following is a copy of Bob in Pittsburgh's post from RWOL:

We have a few changes to report now, and there will be a few more later (maybe later today).  Margaritaville Miles lost RunJZ due to three week' non-posting, and zoekat has retired from the game.  New to Margaritaville Miles: andrew jerald, and FlippyNoodle.

Phoenix Rising lost three players due to retirement: SueinTN, Techo, and Mammahawk.  Phoenix Rising gets baxdaddy and tym2runas replacement runners.  

Welcome to your new teams!

And returning from Injured Reserve are Tessanewlife from the Free Agents, and bbqden from M.R.T.  Welcome back!

And so I don't forget, camille2 from M.R.T. will be retiring from the game after today's results are run.  M.R.T. is up by one runner, so there will be no replacement.

It's looking like we might have some turnover this week due to non-posting, so if you've been watching from the sidelines and want to get in the game, go to

http://www.huenix.com/milesgame/signup.php to sign up for the Miles Game.  Go to

http://www.huenix.com/milesgame/postmiles.php

to post your miles each week.

SusanRachel

Thanks for bringing this over Susan.  Smile

aplodder

Susan

You're welcome.  I'm not sure how many people will stay here, but there seem to be enough Miles Gamers here now to warrant keeping this site updated. 

TWHgal

Wannabe runner

Thank you!

Cindy 

Don't call me Buttercup!

Thanks so much, Susan! 

Slow and steady wins the....  wait a second! I've been lied to! 

Thank you!

Ngarciaf

Hi! I'm new to all this. Was wondering on how I get assigned to a team? I logged on the log website and added my miles. Can I add miles various times each time (as I run them)?
                wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Hi! I'm new to all this. Was wondering on how I get assigned to a team? I logged on the log website and added my miles. Can I add miles various times each time (as I run them)?

I think most participants find it easiest to post once after their final run of the week. Posting multiple times during the week could get confusing since the mileage counter isn't reset to 0 for the next week until weekly results are posted, usually on Thursdays.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                        05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

SusanRachel

Just pick a "week."  I use M-Su.  Others use Su - Sa and a few use something else based on an unusual work schedule.  It doesn't matter as long as you are consistent.  At the end of your week, post your total miles for that week.  Keep an eye back here to see if you have been assigned to a team.  With the forum shakeup, it wouldn't be surprising if you were assigned quickly.  Once you are, your team captain should contact you and get you involved in the team.  Some have special threads for the team.  Others have facebook groups or email lists, but pretty much all of the teams have a way of communicating with one another.  That is what makes the miles game fun.

aplodder

Susan

Thanks, George and SusanRachel for answering.  You covered it very well.  Smile

bobinpittsburgh

Lord of the Manor

We've got a handful of changes to report today (December 5, 2012).  But before I get to the changes, based on the current 'nag list' it looks like there will be several drops tomorrow.  If you've been looking to join the Miles Game, now is a good time to sign up.  Go to

www.huenix.com/milesgame/signup.php to join.  Then remember to post your miles each week at

www.huenix.com/milesgame/postmiles.php .  Remember to post your miles each week while you're on Team: Available waiting for your team assigment (because it's easy for us to lose track of you if you don't keep posting miles).

Team 4midable lost melissa88 due to three weeks of non-posting.  jjchouinard joins Team 4midable.

Nanookie from Corredores was dropped for non-posting.  Corredores is at full strength, and no replacement runner was assigned.

J.Drumm from Kickin' Asphalt was dropped for non-posting. kettledrum joins Kickin' Asphalt.

TheMomZom from M.R.T. was dropped for non-posting, and camille2 has retired from the Miles Game.  M.R.T. was above-strength, so they get one replacement runner.  MothAudio joins M.R.T.

feelfancy from Pavement Pounders was dropped for non-posting. bounce76 joins Pavement Pounders

eden02 from Phoenix Rising was dropped for non-posting.  Earthtokarmen1 joins Phoenix Rising.

TikkTok from Triple digits was dropped for non-posting.  Triple Digits needed 2 replacement runners, and they get irun4bliss and DiTrying.

Welcome to your new teams!

And one last note: Vera Lee from Triple Digits will be retiring from the Miles Game after tomorrow's results are run.

If I could make a wish I think I'd pass

aplodder

Susan

Thanks, Bob.

bobinpittsburgh

Lord of the Manor

One more change: Amygdala from M.R.T. has retired from the game, and is replaced by ngarciaf. Welcome to your new team!

If I could make a wish I think I'd pass

Why must you be a member of RWOL to sign up? When everyone is here? I  used weapons of mass destruction and nuked my membership over there.

aplodder

Susan

You absolutely do not have to be a member of RWOL to sign up.  You can use your user account/ID from here if you'd like.