Northeast PA

So I see that Kyle, Jesse and I have been kicked out... (Read 511 times)

Hawt and sexy

I did get to re-register with my name, but we will see how long that lasts. Apparently someone just does not want to give it up and let us be. He has to have a fight. Should we discuss training issues here, or just keep re-registering on the local site? I think he will just continue to make things difficult for those that want to talk seriously about training. He just must not want to let his site be a serious running site. Any ideas on what to do here guys?

I'm touching your pants.

Carl A

The local NEPARunner board has certainly been entertaining lately! This RunningAhead NEPARunner board has been pretty quiet ever since most of us fell off the streaking wagon. (I think Danny, though, is still keeping up a streak!) This board could definitely use some chatter, and the more thoughtful and runner-oriented, the better, I figure. Maybe, though, we should change the title to something like Northeast Pennsylvania Runners, just so we don't mislead any new people who might want to join us. Kyle, if you're still on here, would you want to change this board's title?

Speed my steps along your path, according to your will.

don't know if it is a streak by the strict definition that we had when this started, however it is the way I originally defined it for myself. Today 4/15/2009 makes 4 years without missing a day with some form of aerobic exercise - defined as either biking, swimming, walking, or running. The vast majority of it is running, however there are those rare occasional days when I will only bike or swim. I started out 4 years ago as a fat (5'7"-260lb.) lazy couch potato and simply decided to start moving. It began with just daily 30 minute walks and better eating habits and grew as I slowly got into shape. I will be celebrating this year with my 2nd run at the Boston Marathon, only carrying about 165lbs. around the course. As you all know, just a little bit of daily motivation and exercise can bring incredible amounts of energy and joy. Every year I am reminded that just one day off and I have to start this whole thing all over again. Big grin
        2010 Goals
        Succesful pacing jobs at Shamrock (3:20)...
        VTU 100 Ultramarathon - finish
        at least 250 miles/mo., 3000+ miles for the year
        Carl A

Congratulations on the anniversary, and have a great time at Boston - you've earned it!

Speed my steps along your path, according to your will.

runnepa

Willamona, sorry if you think that I am trying to make it hard for you guys to talk seriously about running on the NEPARunner FORUMBOARD. That is not my intent. It appears to me and others that some of you do not want some others to post their point of view on things. Let take Jesses last posting. Sure he had some good ideas on training. It was merely mentioning that for some it is almost impossible to attain a pace. He did come back with some good suggestions such as using a map to calcuate the mileage. As for some of Kyles previous postings, others felt that they were to exclusive to others who wished to join in. If you guys want to exclusively make postings where others are not invited to particpate then maybe you are better off here. Also I did not take kindly to some of the bashing that went on by some of you. Kyle was banned because in my opinion he looking to start problems. I would not have had a problems but it was my opinion that many of the latest, including your were posted against me. I did nothing to you.

Hawt and sexy

We are not excluding anyone. We like to talk about different training plans and how they work for different people. Anyone can participate as long as they are not there just to start a fight. We have banned no one. We are not picking fights with anyone. The only person doing the things listed above is the owner of the site, not us. We are not trolling just to stroke our egos, we are there to learn something about running. If you are the owner, you know that nullifying someone's login is in fact making it difficult for them to participate in the discussion. As far as I am concerned, any apologies should be handed out at the NEPA site and in a public forum. Jesse and Kyle should also be reinstated. The only thing we did was point out that the owner is just there to argue, that is a fair assertion. We all get bashed on the internet, some of us deal with it well and others just dwell on the experience. I don't see any of us dwelling on the past, but the owner is a different story. We all mentioned in a thread that we feel like we are not free to discuss training on a running board. That idea was mentioned by more than one person. It was also mentioned that the owner likes to start fights in those threads. Since the only person complaining about bashing is the owner, what does that tell you? We can handle bashing, but what we are no longer ready to deal with is the incessant trolling just to look for and find a fight. Fighting is not learning or sharing, it is trolling. I understand that discussions need to happen so that others may better understand things, but the owner is not starting fights to share knowledge, he does it to disrupt the discussion so others will lose interest and the thread will die. If it does not stop, then he kicks the person off of his site. The problem is, I was under the assumption that everything had been ironed out as even the owner had said so, and then I go back to find that three of us are no longer registered. I didn't do that. There is only one person there that has the power to do such a thing. The person that is capable of this is the same person that has a problem with starting fights at the site. It is the same person who has kicked people off in the past for not agreeing with his RW ideas and going deeper into the physiology of training. Wow. A pattern. All we want is to be able to talk about training at any level. Anyone can join, we never said they could not. If you do not feel like you are able to talk about the ideas involved in the discussion, then you are just as free to skip a thread as you are to join a thread. That is the idea that seems lost on the owner. HE WILL NOT JUST LET US BE. No one owns the internet. There is not one single person that controls this place. That is the reality that needs to sink in.

I'm touching your pants.

why has runnepa joined the training group if there is not a single run logged since 2007, except to troll and weigh in on the forum board. I was under the understanding that this was a training group, not a forum group, although the forum is a part of it. If someone is a member simply to post on the forum board that seems odd to me. (for that matter, if you are in the group I think that you should make your log visible) As one can see by the relative infrequency of the forums in this group, the group is not primarily based on posting, but on training. I certainly enjoy having a forum and have found that the postings on this board have been nothing but mutually supportive and positive. We do not, i repeat DO NOT need someone who is here just to stir things up. If that is your purpose please jsut stay on the NEPARunner forum board. Due to the moderation of the owner of that board and the fact that anyone who doesn't agree with hiim gets smacked down I no longer use that forumboard. I rarely even view the site anymore for basically the same reason. I will refrain from going any deeper into my feelings on the NEPARunner website out of respect for the runners of NEPA. The thing I enjoy about being a part of the running community in NEPA is to be a part of a supportive community and not be a part of further bickering and petty arguments. I don't think it is fair to call serious runner exclusive because they take their training and racing seriously and strive to do things that many if not most "joggers" will never be able to do. If someone is not capable of or interested in striving to be the very best then they should not feel excluded, it is simply their own choice to do what they want to do. Not everyone will be able to attain a high level of achievement and that is just reality. I know that there are those folks who want to make everyone feel acceptible in every situation, but if that were truly the case in the running world they would not bother to time races or keep track of finishing order. If competition is not for you, that is fine, simply don't participate in competitive events. But don't complain when those who do enjoy competition, and hard workouts discuss those things.
                2010 Goals
                Succesful pacing jobs at Shamrock (3:20)...
                VTU 100 Ultramarathon - finish
                at least 250 miles/mo., 3000+ miles for the year
                runnepa

FIRST DANNY BOY, somebody TOLD me that I was mentioned on this board!!! So Danny who are you? With your righteous bullshit!!! Why don’t you ask why Wilmona is posting? Seems like she doesn’t have a log going either. Maybe being a bit unfair and partial yourself. Should I go down the list and see what other runners post here do not maintain a log? Are you going to say that I have no right to respond to a posting that mentions me. Again we got a case of exclusion. You know what makes me sick is wise people like you who feel that runners have to be competitive. You want to be competitive that’s fine. Don’t go rubbing my nose in anything. I might not be the fastest or even the most competitive, but I do stick up for EVERY runner. Whether it’s the guy getting off the coach who wants to run a marathon or the runner who just doesn’t have the time and has to train less. I want them to realize that you don’t have to be highly competitive to take part in are sport of running. I also am against runners who push the notion if your not doing 100 mpw your not doing what is needed and I especially don’t appreciate it when a runner who has shinsplints for five years is going to give advice on how not to have shin splints. And for the record, I was thinking about this today, why do I not participate in a log like the one here? Because I just don’t have the time. I have a hard time even keeping one on paper. My log this year has a lot of empty space, not that I didn’t run, I just never got to it. And I have to bet that’s a reason why lots of runners don’t take part, that and they just might feel intimidated because their numbers just don’t live up to yours and other standards! You know were not real runners!
                  runnepa

Thanks Willamona for responding. We are not excluding anyone. Your not? Your accusing me of starting fights, just because I post an opinion you and others don't like. I posted in the last big argument that I feel that training minutes per mile might be difficult and in fact almost impossible in most conditions. Other arguments I was in. You don't have to run 100 miles per week and most runners cannot run a hundred miles a week. Runners World articles are good. You can get by wearing cotton. Headphones are not as bad as many make them out to believe. Worn shoes can cause shinsplints and also sore knees. How about his one, where someone advises that a runner in his twentys should not run a marathon, am I wrong or looking for a fight expressing my point of view! Ok, now your turn what are these fights, any examples. It seems that many of you were more intent on bashing me then responding to my examples. Also Kyle told runners they could not take part in the 2009 commitment. come on if he really cared about motivating, he could have skewed the rules to allow others to contiue to particpate. Also Kyle was rude when some other person who was not me, he told them they could NOT participate in the one discussion because it was for "serious" runners. THATS were the comment came out "ELITEIST!" And what about one of the last discussions where someone told You guys are busting my nut because of me banning Kyle, and he really wasn't banned anyway. He still was posting. He was originally banned because I felt he was asking me questions but when I did respond, he would not acknowledge. I felt he was flaming me. Several you were banned and just incase you did not notice I also banned my name from posting.
                    runnepa

By the way, I now see that Willamona log is available. It was not when I visited the page several times earlier. Call me a liar if you want, but why would I lie about something like that! Shocked