Northeast PA

Tight Hamstring (Read 287 times)

My right ham has been really sore for at least two weeks. I spent some time trying to work on it by sitting on a tennis ball, stretching, etc. Seemed to really help. Does anyone have any recommendations for a good self massage device? I've seen "the stick" advertised but never tried it. Also heard there are some tubes you roll on. Any help greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance. EddyH
      I have and use the stick like crazy. Best massage tool out there. If you want to try it, stop by the store. I have some roll on menthal stuff you can have for free as well. It's old, but I think it will work fine.
        Kyle: thanks, I will do that- saw the stick in your latest flyer which just arrived at the house. Now that you mention it, I have some tiger balm lying around somewhere that I should give a try, forgot I had it and that it works on tight muscles. Another trick I've learned is putting the shower on full cold and letting it hit your legs for 30 sec. per side (front then back), then switching to as hot as you can take it for 30 sec/side. Repeat several times. This really helps after a hard workout. Have to be careful where you aim the cold water Big grin. ed
          Try a dixie cup ice massage as well. That may break up any of the "trigger points".