Northeast PA

Tapering for Steamtown? (Read 91 times)

Anyone here in taper mode for this race?  With the cooler temps it sure is hard not to go long and hard.

Ed

shadow runner

The Shirtless Wonder

Yup.  I am.  Trying to do easy runs, but the short runs end up being tempo. I am doing a half mary this weekend as my long run.  Wink

Joe Suder

Nulla camisia et nulla problematum 

Went out this morning to do a half and fell going uphill on a rocky road (have to remember to pick up my stupid feet Black eye.  Decided it was best to finish off at 7m and see what the hip feels like tomorrow.

Ed

shadow runner

The Shirtless Wonder

Ed: Ouch!  Hope hip feels better today.

My Half marathon went better than expected.  I ended up winning my AG - which surprised me since lots of fast runners in this race.  I didn't even check until someone told me I had won.  I thought they were just yanking my chain. 

I was planning on running easy, but you know how that goes in a race.  The old adrenalin kicks in and you end up running race pace instead of easy.  Overall time was 1:41:42.12 or about 7:44 min pace. 

2 weeks to go until Steamtown...so hopefully we can hold it together doing the short easy runs.  Wink  Afterall time to build reserves, and not burn them.

later

Joe Suder

Hip is sore as hell but doesn't seem to affect running so I'm good to go.  Must be a brused bone or something cause I defiantly can't sleep on that side.  Keep fingers crossed this cool weather holds. 

shadow runner

The Shirtless Wonder

Hey Eddy, how did you like Steamtown?  How are you doing 2 days later?  My quads are a little stiff but my knees feel great. Wink  I think the best thing about Steamtown was the crowds  cheering and lining the street.  I especially liked running the hill at mile 24 to "Macho Man".  Big grin 

Joe Suder

It's was perfect weather and a very well organized event (again).  I went out a little fast but made it to the finish still standing and that's all that matters.  Legs are sore as usual but no trouble walking.  That seems to improve the more marathons I do.  Knee was never a problem so it looks like I'll be back to training soon.  Taking a full week off which I've never done just to see if it helps.  Take care.

Ed in Tunkhannock