Northeast PA

Weeding out! (Read 378 times)

Only the strong survive I see! Looks like we are weeding out those who are not logging runs. This has been an issue in one of the other groups I am in. People join the group then never log any runs. What's the point. Good job Kyle! In the other group we put a 2 week policy in place. If you didn't log anything in 2 weeks you got the boot. You could rejoin if you wanted to but if it happened again the same thing happened. Finally we had a 3 strikes policy, after 3 strikes you were banned from the group. It's refreshing to see the dedication of those who do log. You all are an inspiration to me constantly keeping me on my toes. I really enjoy seeing what others are doing and reading their thoughts about their runs. When things are not going so well with me it is a real pick me up to know that others go through some of the same stuff. Well its good to know that we have a great core group here, we should try to get together sometime this year for a NEPARunner group run. Wink
    2010 Goals
    Succesful pacing jobs at Shamrock (3:20)...
    VTU 100 Ultramarathon - finish
    at least 250 miles/mo., 3000+ miles for the year
      I would be up for it. I'd like to meet the people behind the logs. I, too, feel that this board is great motivation. This time last year I wasn't even running seriously. Now, I am up to 25-30 miles a week and I glance at other reports just to see what they are doing and if there is anything that might help me on my runs. Great job everyone. Hopefully we all keep it going and we continue to share our logs.
        Yeah thanks. I regularly check other people's logs...just to see what's up. I got tired of checking logs that hadn't been updated in months. I love seeing what you all are doing! As for a get together...I'm all for that. We could do lake scranton or tobyhannah state park. I prefer tobyhannah as it's a much nicer trail...about 5 miles around that lake.

Hawt and sexy

I guess I don't see the big deal. If people want to talk here they can. If they want to log here then fine. If they don't who cares. This is just another forum. Who cares if you use the log or not. It can be as good or bad as you make it here. I really don't see the point of kicking people out because they don't do things your way.

I'm touching your pants.

I don't think its a matter of kicking people out. I could be wrong but I think it might just be after a stretch of inactivity that it takes you out. I'm with you to a point. I like this site because of the logging and the fact that we can view others logs.
            Carl A

My original college roommate pretty much weeded himself out. Dead

Speed my steps along your path, according to your will.

Not so much a matter of kicking people out because they don't do thing one way or another but rather, because they don't do anything at all. If one wishes to be a part of a community it requires some sort of contribution. Is someone a part of a community if they are not actively participating, at least a little. As I said in the original post, I value all of those who are actively a part of this group and find encouragement and motivation as well.
                2010 Goals
                MattB

I agree, it's nice to see what everyone else is doing. If the original group was still here it'd be even better since there were so many more people. I didn't realize anyone actually read my log...
                    i read everybody's... it actually helps me with my workouts
                      It was less of a "weeding out of no good, horrible people who are really lazy" and more like a "let's shorten the list since these people are never here anymore, it will make it easier to see what's going on". They, just like everyone else, are welcome to use this log/forum/group thing. They can log back in any time they want.
                        Sounds good Kyle. Never meant it to be dispariging to anyone. I really enjoy being a part of the group and it sure sounds like everyone else does too. Big grin
                        2010 Goals
                        runnepa

Never meant it to be dispariging to anyone See how easy it is Danny? bUT ONLY WHEN ITS YOU RIGHT? Mr. Samarathan. Am I picking a fight? Let me put it this way, I read your posting to me before and it just doesn't seem the way a Samartahan would speak. So I figured I would point out one of your faults. AND I HAVE TO add this weeding out is the perfect example of EXCLUSION, we don't meet your standard. I was thinking about giving it a try to log in again, but after this, I think not.
                            I will be the first to admit that I have many faults! Far more than you or anyone else could comprehend. I have no problem admitting that. I also do not have any fantasies that I am somehow better than anyone else on this board or for that matter in life in general. I am as much a screwed up schmuck as the next guy. The context of this original thread was at a time when there was a long list of people in this group who were inactive, not just in actual running, but in participation in the group. That was what it was all about, not that somehow only "good" runners were somehow permitted here. Besides, in the original posting I was merely making reflections on what had already been done. I don't measure myself verses other runners based on milage and performance, as I realize that each individual is very different and has certain natural abilities as well as limits. It doesn't matter if I run a million miles/wk I will never be an elite runner. I can only measure my performance and satisfaction against my own personal percieved effort and have no way of measuring for others so I simply do not. It makes no difference to me what others do or do not do. And I don't judge them based on that. As far as that goes, if anyone wants to think that I am an a**, or any other derogative, the best that I can do is wholeheartedly agree! I, as does everyother human, have an awful tendency to turn in on myself and put myself first. That is the nature of my sin, and as long as I live and breath that will continue. It is only by the Grace of God that I will one day be freed from the bonds of this sinful nature. Thanks be to God!
                            2010 Goals
                            runnepa

Dan, thanks for responding and reminding me that we all are quite human with faults.