Northeast PA

local races, yours truly 50K (Read 322 times)

Carl A

Anyone here entering any local races in the winter or spring?

My 2-mile PR is on hills, so I was thinking of entering the Scranton St. Patty's Day run to see what I could do.

Also, in case anyone here would be interested, I'm thinking of doing a Yours Truly 50K at the end of January, maybe on rail trails.

Speed my steps along your path, according to your will.

Anyone here entering any local races in the winter or spring?

My 2-mile PR is on hills, so I was thinking of entering the Scranton St. Patty's Day run to see what I could do.

Also, in case anyone here would be interested, I'm thinking of doing a Yours Truly 50K at the end of January, maybe on rail trails.

I AM I AM!!! If my foot is happy soon I am sooooooooo interested in this!

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

On On

I just added a couple of winter trail runs to my NJ Trail Series.

NJ Winter Trail Series

Carl A

I AM I AM!!! If my foot is happy soon I am sooooooooo interested in this!

Great--I'll see if I can get some others around here interested too!

Rick, thanks for the race info. I'm definitely looking forward (with a healthy mix of excitement and dread, of course) to Paulinskill!

On On

Did you ever do that 50K?

I am looking for something longer one of the last two weekends in Feb.

Some people are running the Old Croton Aqueduct on 2/15 (President's Day) if you want to run in NYC and just north of it.  41 Miles I think is what is measured.  26 on a groomed trail and the rest through parks and roads into Central Park.

I am also looking to do a training run overnight on 3/5 (Friday night into Sat morning) on the Paulinskill.  Maybe another 40 or 50 there.  Let me know here or on email if you want more details.

Carl A

Hi Rick,

No, I didn't get in the 50K. Although this would definitely have been good for my 100 training, I had to do some family stuff instead. I really need to get in some long running this month, if I don't want to just purely on my genetic gifts (bad idea, Carl). I was surprised, though, at the number of runners in my last 100 who said that they just about never train, just race long a few times a year.

Although my traveling budget and personal time is very tight right now, thank you for letting me (and the others here) about the race and training run. Looking forward to seeing you on 3/27.

On On

Just so you it is clear both of my suggestions are training runs. Not races.

Hope all is well with you and we'll catch up sometime soon.

Just an FYI, I am getting some interest in using the Old Croton Aqueduct as part of a NY Fat Ass.

Still need to work on getting a CT one put together.

I am now in talks with people about doing a Trans NJ (North to South) Fat Ass Run.  210 miles one way.  Any interest?

Carl A

Trans NJ (North to South). 210 miles one way.  Any interest?

Yes--I'm interested!

On On

OK, the latest thoughts are to finish on June 12 in Cape May.  Staggered start.  You choose you own start time to put yourself in Cape May and 210 miles later sometime in the afternoon of June 12.  We will try to gather for a dinner or party at a local establishment to eat, drink and share stories from the road.

Does that work for you?

On On

Name:

Carl A

Distance:

Race:

Yours Truly

Earth

Goal:

Start at midnight, and finish in time to get to Mass

Good luck with this.  I am looking to run the Paulinskill Trail this Saturday night.  Not a race though, just a training run.  Not sure with all this snow if the group will still want to be there.

Carl A

Thanks! If you do happen to log 25K or 50K on Sunday morning, you can submit it to the Yours Truly site.

I'm waiting for the right moment to broach the trans-NJ run idea with my family. It sounds like a blast, so I hope I can make it work.