Northeast PA

Steamtown Recovery (Read 167 times)

Well I told myself I would take 3 weeks off from running as some suggest before starting back after Steamtown.  That lasted until thursday when I biked 35mins and ran 1 mile.  Today, a nice slow 4 miles in the snizzle.  Just couldn't do it.  I know they say it's really supposed to be good for your overall running to take the time off but I just miss it too much.  I will refrain from racing for a while which I've not done in the past.  Maybe that's a good compromise.

Ed

Taking 3 weeks off from running would be a BIG MISTAKE! BTDT.  Just take it nice and easy for the next couple weeks Smile

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Frankh

I waited until Thursday....did an easy 4.  6 on Friday and 12 today.  No leftover aches or pains, but the legs don't feel very sporty.

I ran on Friday and today. Was feeling great today!

I used to take 2 weeks off after a peak race but woudld always, always, always get shin splints when I return. This time I think I'll just reduce mileage for a few weeks but continue to run every other day or something.

PR's: 5k 19:34 2008 10k 41:05 2008 Half 1:34:34 2007 Marathon 3:29:49 2009 Up next, Spring Marathon NJ?