Northeast PA

Viaduct Trail Ultra (Read 446 times)

Hawt and sexy

They fixed the washout? Cool. I would guess that means there is a new bridge? Report back!

I'm touching your pants.

Carl A

I haven't heard anything about the bridge, so I'm guessing that it'll be the same "interesting" structure. I know that it's a particular challenge for you. I'll be able to check it out within a few weeks after South Mountain (5/30) and let you know.

Speed my steps along your path, according to your will.

hey Carl,

Are pacers allowed to serve as mules, such that they can carry the food or water whilst I run?

Or are all neccesary supplies required to be carried by the runners?

2010 Goals
        Succesful pacing jobs at Shamrock (3:20)...
        VTU 100 Ultramarathon - finish
        at least 250 miles/mo., 3000+ miles for the year
        Carl A

Pacers and support crew are allowed to carry things.

I feel that not only would a no-muling rule be impossible to strictly enforce, such a rule could, in certain circumstances, encourage bonking and dehydration. Everyone on the course should try to help each other achieve their goals.

great, my pacers will then be carrying supplies and should anyone out there need support I am sure we will have plenty to assist those in need. getting increasingly excited and fearful everyday just the way things should be!
            2010 Goals
            Carl A

Thanks for your question - I added it to the FAQs page.

I'm looking forward to the run too!

Hawt and sexy

Crap, Carl.  I don't think I will be able to make it this year after all.  Goals got all switched around.   I am sorry if this is too late.  But replace me.  At this point, even if I do show up, I would just do one lap, I think.

I'm touching your pants.

Carl A

Thanks for letting me know, Amanda. I'll take your name off the entry list. However, if you can make it to the start, we'll pencil you back in and you'd be welcome to run any distance you choose.

Carl A

Thank you, Amanda and Dan, for all you did to make this weekend a fun one!

Dan, that pizza was awesome - just what many of the runners needed as they came off the course. Please thank your wife Stacy for hanging out with us also. Your company brightened our little camp even more than your lantern. I'm sure that a 100 finish is just a matter of time for you - you're a way-more-talented runner than I am!

Amanda, thanks for providing constant encouragement to the runners, and especially for setting up the impromptu Bucks Falls aid station, which several runners told me was a welcome surprise.

We were lucky to have both of you with us!

Carl

Hawt and sexy

No problem.  I had a blast!  Thank you for coming up with this fatassed idea three years ago.  Big grin

I'm touching your pants.

Had a great time even though I sucked out.  I get more satisfaction from helping out rather than actually running, guess thats why I like pacing.  I can't believe that I have almost forgotten the hurt and am already considering the lessons learned and pondering another.  Thanks for putting it together, looking forward to seeing y'all again.
                        2010 Goals
                          Had a great time even though I sucked out.  I get more satisfaction from helping out rather than actually running, guess thats why I like pacing.  I can't believe that I have almost forgotten the hurt and am already considering the lessons learned and pondering another.  Thanks for putting it together, looking forward to seeing y'all again.

You didn't suck out btw. I'm looking forward to volunteering myself next year and have even thought that maybe someone might want me to tag along for a night loop or something (not you cause you're much too fast for me lol) Oh and it's amazing how fast we forget

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

No problem.  I had a blast!  Thank you for coming up with this fatassed idea three years ago.  Big grin

TY TY TY girlfriend!  Maybe I'll be at the same place next year while you run

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson