Northeast PA

Boo-Hoo-Hoo (Read 326 times)

No I'm crying because I didn't run yesterday (except for a small race with my older son which doesn't count) which breaks my streak. It all seemed sensible last night when I decided that it was for the best that I didn't run because I was tired and I was getting over being sick earlier in the week and I wanted to be refreshed for a great day today and run longer mileage today but now I'm ANGRY at myself. What was I thinking? And today was an incentive day to; I'm such a BOOB. Does anyone have a crying rag? No
    Carl A

I know how you feel! This streaking business is definitely not as easy as it sounded at first, that's for sure. The worst for me was trying to decide whether to get in a run as the day was ending, deciding to call it a day, and then waking up at something like 1:30 AM, feeling like it's all over. Your comment about running with your son is familiar to me; two of my streaking days last weekend were slow runs with two of my children (ages 8 and 9), who ran and rode their bikes as we did laps up and down the road we live on. And then, last night when I got back home from work, my youngest (age 6) wanted us to do three laps between our home and mailbox (not enough distance to log, and I still had on my work shoes). Just two days ago, he learned how to ride his two-wheeler, so the seeming speed is a huge thrill for him. It isn't always "training," but running with kids is awesome--even a bit of its own reward. However, my leg is feeling much better today. I think I'm going to start again, and even if I break the streak again I'm going to keep starting over until I forget to stop. Besides, the weather predictions over the next few days are looking too interesting to miss!

Speed my steps along your path, according to your will.

I to restarted this AM. I have to say that there is something to be said about running everyday even if lower mileage. I felt horrible taking the time off. I began dreaming about it and woke up this AM not by the alarm clock but because I had a dream about running- I think I'm nuts!!! Clowning around We live on a culdasac and my youngest son who is turning 5 this month loves chasing me on his bike while I run around in circles or I'll hop on my bike and he'll chase the bike around. Then all of us get outside and have races around the house, up the hill in our yard and around the culdasac- its so much fun to act like a kid again. I'm glad to hear your knee is feeling better. And I feel the same way the only thing I can do is keep trying and trying and trying- hopefully getting better at it each time. Good luck!!!
          I hate the feeling you get the next day knowing that you can't go back and change it. You can't sneak in that run...it's gone, and so is the streak. It's wierd how much worse you feel by NOT running! Ah well, plenty more days ahead to keep it going.
            All we can do is get back out there and try for longer this time and hope we are injury, illness and tired free. I was so mad the day after i didn't run when I woke up and realized that had I run 2 miles the night before I would have received another incentive. Angry I was so angry. So this time I spaced the first incentive to the 15 day mark were I left off instead of 7 days so I must at least make it there to get the first incentive. What a bummer though? Good luck!!!
              Good luck Lesley. Keep the easy days easy and you can definately keep the streak alive. ed