Raleigh, NC and surrounding area

Say "hi" at Raleigh Rocks Saturday Morning (Read 345 times)

rlemert

If/when you come through the registration area at the Raleigh Rocks Half Marathon Saturday morning, keep an eye out for me. I was planning on running with you but had to cancel due to ITBS/Piriformis problems, so I'm volunteering instead. I don't know what job I'll be doing, but I'll be the "young" middle-aged guy with glasses and a mustache. I'll try to remember to have a name-tag on with 'rlemert' (or at least 'Rich') on it so you can more easily identify me.

Future running partner.

Cool. Look forward to seeing you there. Hopefully the weather will hold up.
        I think I may go run this thing tomorrow morning...although, my longest run since the Umstead Marathon has only been 5.5 miles! It will not be pretty.

Future running partner.

Rich: Thanks for helping out on such a fun event. Wings: Nice race, despite the lower level of training. You beat me by about 3 and half minutes. What did you think of them hills by the pedestrian bridge? I wasn't ready for those. Unfortunately I forgot my chip so I didn't get counted in the results. It's ok though, I only would have placed 41rst in my age group anyway.
            Rich: Thanks for helping out on such a fun event. Wings: Nice race, despite the lower level of training. You beat me by about 3 and half minutes. What did you think of them hills by the pedestrian bridge? I wasn't ready for those. Unfortunately I forgot my chip so I didn't get counted in the results. It's ok though, I only would have placed 41rst in my age group anyway.
            I second the thank you Rich. The race volunteers were one of the highlights of the day. Wannabefast - Nice job! In case you are interested, here is a link to my race report for the Raleigh Rocks 1/2.... http://www.rockymountenduranceclub.org/ WARNING - it is long and boring!

Future running partner.

I second the thank you Rich. The race volunteers were one of the highlights of the day. Wannabefast - Nice job! In case you are interested, here is a link to my race report for the Raleigh Rocks 1/2.... http://www.rockymountenduranceclub.org/ WARNING - it is long and boring!
              Nice report. I'd say you were spot on. I also think it would of helped to put pace markers at the start of the race so people would have a better idea for where they should stand for their ability.
                Nice report. I'd say you were spot on. I also think it would of helped to put pace markers at the start of the race so people would have a better idea for where they should stand for their ability.
                Agreed - I lost over a minute and who knows how much "energy" dodging slower runners in the first 2 miles. All in all I thought it was a pretty well done race - much better than I some I have run that were put on by the same race director.