Raleigh, NC and surrounding area

Krispy Kreme Challenge (Read 427 times)

A 4-miler with a twist. I'm just running as a "casual runner" meaning that I'm running the race, but not participating in the challenge. From the website: (http://www.saketvora.com/kkc/index.php) To Complete the Krispy Kreme Challenge is to: 1) Run from the NC State Belltower to the Krispy Kreme on Peace Street. 2) Eat one dozen donuts. 3) Run back to the Belltower. 4) Do all this in under one hour. And puking disqualifies you. The positive side is that all the money raised benefits NC Children's Hospital (same beneficiary as Run for the Kids). And FYI...12 Original Glazed Krispy Kreme Doughnuts have: * 2400 calories * 1200 fat calories * 144g of fat * 36g of saturated fat * 48g of trans fat * 60mg of Cholesterol * 1140mg of sodium * 120g of sugar * 24g of protein
    Wingz

Professional Noob

A DOZEN DONUGHTS???!!! UGH!!! No thanks! "Casual runner" maybe. But I think I'll pass on the dozen! One or two, maybe, but not 12! Man, that makes my stomach hurt just thinking about it! No, wait. It's hurting because I'm laughing so hard and I can't stop!!! But it would hurt if I could stop laughing long enough to notice! You're bad.... Shocked Putting something like this out there...

Roads were made for journeys...

Awful, ain't it? Who comes up with stuff like this? There are over 500 people registered. If I can stand the site/sound/smell all of the other runners hurling, I think it will be a pretty amusing site to behold. I'm definitely running with my camera! It will be fun to see how many DNFs there end up being.
        Wingz

Professional Noob

So... how'd it go?

Roads were made for journeys...

You're so sweet for remembering! It was the funniest race I've ever been to! Lots of costumes, lots of spirit, lots of puking! And lots of spectators. A couple spectators had set up what looked like a water stop, but they were handing out doughnuts instead. The crazy thing is that some people actually took them! One of my friends entered the "Challenge" part of the race, but he was only able to get down 6 doughnuts. No doughnuts for me, but it was a nice little warm up for my 20 mile long run today (first time I've gone 20 miles, so I'm very excited and proud and I feel like I could have gone longer!) I'll definitely go back next year, and probably in costume. Me and the two friends I ran with had tee shirts made that said "Glazed and Confused." Lots of people stopped to get photographed with us, which was pretty fun/funny. I'll post some pictures a little later.