Raleigh, NC and surrounding area

Looking for runner-friendly PT in Raleigh (Read 601 times)

Wingz

Professional Noob

I've got a foot problem that's just not going away. Anyone here know of a runner-friendly PT in the area? I've been off running for a week and taking ibuprofin and it's not getting better. Black eye

Roads were made for journeys...

djtaylor

Anyone have recommendations for good GP, PT, and/or Sports Doctors in the area?
      rlemert

The Imperial Center Family Medicine office has a couple of people in the practice that are runners. At least one of them ran last year's Raleigh Marathon. They're just off the Page Road exist on I-40. 941-0158. (They also have at least one person who's a non-runner that can't understand why anyone would want to run, but she's willing to accept that others don't share her views and work with them.)
          Carolina Family Practice and Sports Medicine - they specialize in sports medicine, they are the main providers for the Carolina Hurricanes. Offices in Cary and Raleigh. Athletic Performance Center - in Raleigh (near Triangle Town Center), they have orthopedists, PT, and other trainers with the emphasis on injury recovery and prevention in sports. I went to a distance running clinic that they sponsored about a month ago, so I know that they are runner-friendly.
          Wingz

Professional Noob

I went to Dr. Vaughan with Raleigh Orthopedic Clinic for a hip problem and while he's not a runner himself I felt he was very runner-friendly and supportive about my need to get back to running ASAP. He referred me to Physical Solutions for PT, which is a company with a focus on athletes rehabbing. (Not exclusive, but it's the main thrust/design of their practice.) I've been happy with them so far...

djtaylor

Thanks, all, for the suggestions.
              (They also have at least one person who's a non-runner that can't understand why anyone would want to run, but she's willing to accept that others don't share her views and work with them.)
              Hah! Nice aside.
                Sorry, coming to this discussion late, but this is my field, though I'm taking a break from practicing it right now. Smile I *highly* recommend Sports and More PT above all others. I used to work with some of the people there, and I am a patient there too. My PT is running a half next month, and most of the staff is physically active in a variety of sports. For orthopedics, my favorites are Wyker and Smith at Raleigh Ortho, and Caudle and Ehlert at Triangle Ortho. Worked with all of them, and would go to them/send people to them. For non-ortho sports med stuff, I recommend Hummell and Stevens at Carolina Family Practice and Sports Med. Hummell runs, and Stevens is the Hurricanes doc. Let me know if you need anything else.
                Wingz

Professional Noob

I've also found a whoooole bunch of ads in the back of Endurance magazine. Big grin