Raleigh, NC and surrounding area

23rd Annual Old Reliable Run on Nov 12 (Read 341 times)

Wingz

Professional Noob

The website says there were over 3,000 people there last year! I'll be running in the 10K. Anybody else going to do this one? I've uploaded the 10K map. The 5K is basically the right(east) side of the course. Janell

Roads were made for journeys...

I ran the 5K last year. It's a good race down the streets of Raleigh. My goal was to do the 10K this year, but I am not sure it will happen (my running has slipped lately... I really hate layoffs!!!). I am planning to run the 5K regardless to try to regain my lost motivation and momentum. See you there!
      Wingz

Professional Noob

LOL! With your race starting an hour before mine and with expecting over 3,000 people there... I probably *won't* see you. But I'll probably have my "racing hat" on - so look for someone starting out right near the very back of the 10K with a purple (yes, PURPLE) ball cap on. That'll be me... Big grin Good luck on your 5K!

Ok, so I may not see you (I will look for the purple cap though...). Any ideas what your next race will be? I am planning to do the Run at the Rock in December (probably "just" the 7 miler...) once I get my butt back in gear....
          Wingz

Professional Noob

Yep. Me too, though I'm shooting for the 14 mile version. Save some soup for me, eh? I'm likely to be slipping in just as they're trying to close the course...