Raleigh, NC and surrounding area

OT--bone marrow donor registry drive tomorrow! (Read 507 times)

Off the topic of running, but certainly health-related: There will be a bone marrow donor registry drive tomorrow, Sat., April 26, at Millbrook High School in N. Raleigh (2201 Spring Forest Rd., near the intersection of Falls of Neuse and Spring Forest Roads). Becoming a member of the registry is simple--fill out some paperwork and submit a cheek swab (no blood draw Smile ). Registry members are then included in a nationwide database as potential marrow donors. When a physician is seeking a donor match, he submits search criteria and has a list of potential matches returned to him. The best match is contacted and has the option of donating at that time--or not. This event is *free* thanks to the generosity of others, and can really make a life or death difference to someone with blood cancer. For more info, watch local ABC channel 11 @ 5 pm tonight and you'll see me! Hope to see you tomorrow!!! Bethanie
    Wingz

Professional Noob

Bethanie - I'm working today, but am interested in getting more information. I'm assuming that this is not a one-time event. Is there a website I can go to? Thanks, Janell

Roads were made for journeys...

Hey Janell, Yes, marrow.org. There are drives going on all the time...I do have a few extra enrollment kits, and can send you one if there is a secure way to get your address to me. I can give you directions on what to do, etc. Bethanie PS--here's the piece that aired on the news yesterday: http://abclocal.go.com/wtvd/media?id=6105247
        Wingz

Professional Noob

Bethanie - will you email me at yanelh@hotmail.com?

Roads were made for journeys...