Raleigh, NC and surrounding area

Coach Bubba anyone? (Read 587 times)

I have done this race for the last two years... and I am thinking of doing it again. Probably the 4-miler, though I really want to do the 20 K one of these years....
    Wingz

Professional Noob

Not me this time. Sad I'm barely able to juggle my schedule and actually don't have *time* for any races rightnow. 20K's almost a half-marathon! That's a big goal. Smile How's next year sound?

Roads were made for journeys...

I think I may do this....not sure if I could be ready to stretch to do the 20k
          anyone running this weekend? I'll be in the 20k Good luck if you are!
          Wingz

Professional Noob

Good luck, katkelly14! And have fun! Big grin Jeffers - you gonna make it? I'll be working ( *sigh* ) but it seems like it should be a nice weekend...

Yeah, I'll be running the 4 miler... I got a few friends running with me, including a buddy whose 6 year old will be running his first race ever! I wish I could have started running at that age! Looking forward to the race! Jeff
              jclancy35

Since the course goes right by my house, I feel sort of obligated to run (or stop if I get tired Big grin). I am in for the 20K even though I am in no shape to run it.
                  39:33 for the 4 miler... not too bad.... I was hoping for a little bit faster, but my training suffered the two weeks prior due to a ski trip... it's amazing how much that can impact a race. Anyway, I am happy with my time and I particularly enjoyed the post-race chips and queso from Moe's! Smile
                  Wingz

Professional Noob

mmmm.... Moe's chips and queso... sounds yummy! Big grin Glad you enjoyed your race! What's this about a ski trip? ... Big grin

they did have good food afterwards! i had a pretty good race as well; beat my goal! 1:56:19
                      Wingz

Professional Noob

whoo hoo! Big grin Congrats to you both!