Running Readers

No Need For Speed by John"the Penguin" Bingham (Read 590 times)

Lisa pre-nose injury

Great for the new and/or back of the pack runner. Great philosophy, psychology and tips. Highly recommended for those of us who are not in the high end of athleticism but like to run.
    Lisa Week 9/10 of One Hour Runner
      I read that last year and it IS a good book....I second your recommendation... Big grin
      "Every man's life ends the same way. It is only the details of how he lived and how he died that distinguish one man from another." -Ernest Hemingway

-When Chuck Norris wants popcorn, he breathes on Nebraska.

-Chuck Norris destroyed the periodic table, because he only recognizes the element of surprise.
      zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

"The Courage to Start" is good, too. I didn't finish it, since so much of it was stuff I already knew and agreed with by the time I picked up a copy, but I think it would be a fantastic book for anyone thinking about trying to start running. John Bingham is a good guy and so encouraging.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Beatin' on the Rock

I think his outlook is wonderful, his love of running obvious - and contagious. It would be hard not to at least try to begin a personal running program after reading this one. I think it would make a great gift for those family and friends that secretly want to, but have fear of failing. Maybe I'll buy a few copies... Smile
          Be yourself. Those that matter, don't mind. Those that mind, don't matter.
            I just picked this up. I didn't buy it because I am new to running, I am not. I bought it because I have an issue with being so slow. I am hoping this helps me take pressure off myself about it.
            ~~Sarah~~

Beatin' on the Rock

I just picked this up. I didn't buy it because I am new to running, I am not. I bought it because I have an issue with being so slow. I am hoping this helps me take pressure off myself about it.
              It will. Blush
              Be yourself. Those that matter, don't mind. Those that mind, don't matter.
                "The Courage to Start" is good, too. I didn't finish it, since so much of it was stuff I already knew and agreed with by the time I picked up a copy, but I think it would be a fantastic book for anyone thinking about trying to start running. John Bingham is a good guy and so encouraging.
                But you did have the courage to start it... I am sorry. I couldn't resist!
                2008 Goals
              • Run 1250 miles
              • Get down to 135!
              • Break 5 hours in the NJ Marathon